British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

TomGoodheart

Wanteds!

WooHoo! Returning to the thread and thanks to Rob, I now have Mark Rasmussen list 3!

Nos 1 & 4 to complete the set would still be appreciated of course!

As would #25, which I seem to remember Penny saying Mark was hoping to get to the printers a while back! Patience has never been one of my virtues! :P

Edited by TomGoodheart

OK. And today I am after ... some Russian Roubles!

Preferably current ones (1998-) and cheap. I only need them for a whimsical Christmas gift for some of the family, so grade is unimportant! Hus? Dave? Anyone?

Thanks!

Edited by TomGoodheart

Preferably current ones (1998-) and cheap. I only need them for a whimsical Christmas gift for some of the family, so grade is unimportant! Hus? Dave? Anyone?

Thanks!

eBay?

Edited by Paulus

Thanks!

eBay?

Yeah, but they're like £2 each plus postage for a coin that's worth about 20p. I'd prefer to get them a bit closer to face value! Plus they ship from Lithuania or somewhere, so there's a risk they won't arrive in time.

Daughter bought a couple of Russian doll money boxes for her Grandma and Aunt who are visiting Moscow next Spring and we though it would be fun to pop a few coins in each .. hence the desire to keep it cheap!

Edited by TomGoodheart

Thanks!

eBay?

Yeah, but they're like £2 each plus postage for a coin that's worth about 20p. I'd prefer to get them a bit closer to face value! Plus they ship from Lithuania or somewhere, so there's a risk they won't arrive in time.

Daughter bought a couple of Russian doll money boxes for her Grandma and Aunt who are visiting Moscow next Spring and we though it would be fun to pop a few coins in each .. hence the desire to keep it cheap!

How about these for example (from Norfolk)

Link

How many do you need? I've got between 1 & 2kgs of Russian as I picked up 135kgs of misc world scrap recently and am just having a quick look through before they get melted. There are plenty that are close to unc.

I think Richard is nervous about getting them posted from abroad this close to xmas, Richard, I reckon Rob's your man here!!

How many do you need? I've got between 1 & 2kgs of Russian as I picked up 135kgs of misc world scrap recently and am just having a quick look through before they get melted. There are plenty that are close to unc.

Sounds perfect! Only need 20 of varying denominations and ideally spendable, so post 1998.

Then they can have a small handful each. I'll pm you when I get back from work Rob.

Thanks guys!

Edited by TomGoodheart

Sorted, thanks to Rob!

OK, here's another odd request! Anyone have a copy of Seaby's Coin & Medal Bulletin from June 1949? (No 373, 1949 vol, No 6.)

I bought a bound copy for the year only to find that one is missing!

I'm curious about what is mentioned concerning Raymond Carlyon-Britton's coins. I'm assuming those listed are from Edward II to Henry IV but wanted to check there's no RC-B coins of Charles I in that particular issue. Thanks!

Edited by TomGoodheart

The RCB coins listed go from Aethelred II to Henry V. No silver Chas I coin in this issue has a provenance given.

Brilliant. Thanks again Rob. Still trying to pin down my elusive sceptre shilling to an actual listing!

Would anyone have or know of an 1837 Threehalfpence for sale?

Would anyone have or know of an 1837 Threehalfpence for sale?

Hmmm .. you would pick a tricky date, wouldn't you! Michael Coins has a decent selection, but no 1837s I'm afraid.

Edited by TomGoodheart