British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

basecamp

Coin aquisition of the week.......

My Edward crown which was sold to me as a matte proof any comments as to matte proof or circulation issue welcome Thanks

Sorry about the hair. Not sure whose it is as mine is white now.

Clipboard.jpg

Edited by ozjohn

Proof for me, for what that's worth. :)

8 hours ago, ozjohn said:

My Edward crown which was sold to me as a matte proof any comments as to matte proof or circulation issue welcome Thanks

Proof for me too.

Two newbies over the weekend, seller's pics for now

1723 shilling upgrade

1723_sh_01.jpg

• Like 7

On 1/21/2019 at 10:33 AM, ozjohn said:

Sorry about the hair. Not sure whose it is as mine is white now.

Clipboard.jpg

Proof specimen 

10 hours ago, Paulus said:

1804 BoE Dollar upgrade 1804_boe_dollar_03_03_sellers_phillip_hu

Love these, its a pity they aren't more popular considering their history, you can see the undetype to the left of the 1 in the date on the REV here Paul, doubt you'll need an upgrade on this one, lovely coin

• Like 2

13 hours ago, azda said:

Love these, its a pity they aren't more popular considering their history, you can see the undetype to the left of the 1 in the date on the REV here Paul, doubt you'll need an upgrade on this one, lovely coin

Thanks Dave, should get it 'in hand' tomorrow :)

Just bought this 1913 Half Sov with what looks like (to me anyway) a 3 over 8, i can see a faint line in the middle gap of the 3, not in hand yet, so just a guess right now.

Any opinions or am i seeing things?

3 over 8?.jpg

1 hour ago, azda said:

Just bought this 1913 Half Sov with what looks like (to me anyway) a 3 over 8, i can see a faint line in the middle gap of the 3, not in hand yet, so just a guess right now.

Definitely looks like 3 over something, either 8 or back to front 3.

Hope it’s more exciting than what might also be a die chip/flake. Good spot regardless - you must have hella vision clarity. 

any records of overdates for 1913 1/2 sov? 

Had the urge to buy something and so even a George V florin would do.

1110184971_1(1)-Copy.jpg.9cfe4bb1d547a13feeac4d4ca5cb2ecb.jpg

1206201181_1(2)-Copy.jpg.1bdefe113ce9d0efb43a07b4a5ba9d63.jpg

• Like 9

A nice 1885 halfcrown  I picked up to fill a gap.The price was ok from Colonial Coins and Medals Brisbane. It has to be said it looks a lot better in hand than the scan included.

1885.jpg

• Like 4

A fir V.jpeg

IMG_8615.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 8:17 PM, rpeddie said:

any records of overdates for 1913 1/2 sov? 

None that i know of, i now need a USB microscope to check it, far too small to check with the eye

Another goldie pick up, €285 delivered, decent price IMO for a bombay mint

IMG_8638.jpg

IMG_8639.jpg

nice one, on my list to get  :) read an interesting article recently about price manipulation of 1918I graded sovereigns through all platforms, reasonable price for this though

12 minutes ago, rpeddie said:

nice one, on my list to get  :) read an interesting article recently about price manipulation of 1918I graded sovereigns through all platforms, reasonable price for this though

Funnily enough I received an email today about 1 that was newly listed on a dealers website for €365 I looked and passed it by, but when I saw this one (better graded imo) for €285 delivered I didn’t hesitate.

15 minutes ago, rpeddie said:

Oh, I think I know who’s Doing the manipulation, someone who’s desperately trying to be famous and a coin influencer on YouTube, I call him the bullion oracle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, rpeddie said:

@rpeddie Do you have a link to the article by any chance?

link  not as official as some articles ive read but the guy knows what hes talking about, maybe wasnt too recent either :P

• Like 1