British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

basecamp

Coin aquisition of the week.......

My latest purchase. Not so nice as Nonmortuus showed, but I'm really happy with it.

post-4285-0-06179900-1449673678_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Yes, those Eddys are really nice when top grade. Bit of a fistfight getting the nicer '03-'05 bits with the '08 strangely in my experience not as difficult.

The KN arrived and waltzed through customs, bonus

image.jpeg

• Like 2

That's nice Dave, congrats on getting it sin charges.

I have to say, out of all the holders I really like the NGC ones with the little 'pegs' that hold it in place.

I'm not a fan of holders, trying to get a decent picture is a nightmare

Yes of course, I should have started that with.. "I don't like slabbed coins but I have to say..." :D

Believe it or not, I took that with my iphone 5s

All of my pictures I've ever taken are using an iPhone. Does the job!

Won at Heritage last night:

odatkN.jpg

sJT8d7.jpg

Edited by jaggy

Very nice indeed Jaggy, is this an upgrade for you? What is the grade assigned?

Very nice indeed Jaggy, is this an upgrade for you? What is the grade assigned?

It is an MS 65.

Not an upgrade as I already had one in similar grade. But the coin was not expensive (hammer $130) and I am a sucker for a 'value buy'. Also, it never bothers me to have multiple coins for a given year if I like them.

Edit: and a very nice Crown!!!

Edited by jaggy
  • Like 1

My pics of my DNW win (crown)

That's a fabulous example, I love it! :)

Did you pick one up for your HK friend in the end?

No, they kept running to the next bid outside his budget (less my effort, exchange rate via merchants, post, etc.).

Your's is the grade he was after with £600 to spend hammer! Could I have bought your's with that ??

Edit: I shouldn't just say grade, because it's more than that with these crowns! There are some shocking (non circulation) deformities with these coins, from edges to flan flaws, really difficult to get a decent looking one with a respectable grade to match! I think you've achieved top marks for grade with your's Paul! Well done! :)

Edited by Coinery

No, they kept running to the next bid outside his budget (less my effort, exchange rate via merchants, post, etc.).

Your's is the grade he was after with £600 to spend hammer! Could I have bought your's with that ?

Yes, I won it for £500 hammer :) ... glad your weren't bidding then! There'll be another along soon ...

Actually, do you know what? That was an awesome buy, given what's been available this last 6 months in auction!

Actually, do you know what? That was an awesome buy, given what's been available this last 6 months in auction!

Thanks Stuey, that means a lot. I was / am delighted at the price and eye appeal - a good strike with no reduction marks or flecking, or, as you say, other deformities! :) :) :)

An upgrade for me, been a long time coming. I've been searching for this 1911 9 1/2 tooth hollow neck Half Penny for 3-4 years. I've only ever seen 3 so I suspect it is the rarer of the 1911 Half Pennies,

.post-7646-0-19009600-1450090877_thumb.jppost-7646-0-40403300-1450090887_thumb.jp

• Like 1

An upgrade for me, been a long time coming. I've been searching for this 1911 9 1/2 tooth hollow neck Half Penny for 3-4 years. I've only ever seen 3 so I suspect it is the rarer of the 1911 Half Pennies,

.attachicon.gif1911 rev.jpgattachicon.gif1911 obv.jpg

Now I'm going to have to check my 1911 Half Pennies! :)

. 1911 rev.jpg 1911 obv.jpg

That was the toughest of the 4 1911 varieties for me too.......

Yours is nicer than mine too...

Edited by Bronze & Copper Collector

. 1911 rev.jpg 1911 obv.jpg

That was the toughest of the 4 1911 varieties for me too.......

Yours is nicer than mine too...

There are four types? Is David Groom's book where this is documented?