British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

post-813-1177494421_thumb.jpgpost-813-1177494436_thumb.jpgpost-813-1177494455_thumb.jpg

The plume looks different and the helmet just a filled die or worn both 1967.

Any info.

post-813-1177494421_thumb.jpgpost-813-1177494436_thumb.jpgpost-813-1177494455_thumb.jpg

Any info.

No reference work lists any varieties for this date. So I guess it's just natural variation that can occur even with modern minting methods.

Yes by mass production.

But their is a window to explore and discover if variety exist,I did go to coinshop to look for uncirculated to know the detail on the joint holding the visor and the helmet and hair inside the helmet some are more detailed than other cant find a variety listed in 1964 to 1967 listed considering their bulk of mintage.

Just looking to other date that has no variety listed yet.

That other die may overlap from one date or another or other die is used.

Thanks custard.

Any info.

I have examples of both of these. They look like different dies to me.

Thats good Muy.

I think it needed two or more example to somewhat identify it and should be two or more vareity found in the coin to distinguished from other variety and sometimes needed a die crack or minor error in the coin to attached a die and it is also needed a attribution from the expert to consider a variety.

For me earlier die is different from new one the joint sometimes you can find the J slanting is smooth even in uncirculated condition, sometimes thier not distinct in appearance other can find the whole J deeply ingrave and the hair inside the helmet sometimes one curve or wave sometimes two with smaller portion on top others are more wavy than others.

Im still looking for slant hair or part of helmet that is slant near the temple in uncirculated condition, if I can find one, no luck.

And maybe the number of plumes on top of the helmet those uncirculated are finer and I think more in number than old one or simply the old ones are worn.

Post the coin Muy.

Edited by josie

Thats good Muy.

I think it needed two or more example to somewhat identify it and should be two or more vareity found in the coin to distinguished from other variety and sometimes needed a die crack or minor error in the coin to attached a die and it is also needed a attribution from the expert to consider a variety.

For me earlier die is different from new one the joint sometimes you can find the J slanting is smooth even in uncirculated condition, sometimes thier not distinct in appearance other can find the whole J deeply ingrave and the hair inside the helmet sometimes one curve or wave sometimes two with smaller portion on top others are more wavy than others.

Im still looking for slant hair or part of helmet that is slant near the temple in uncirculated condition, if I can find one, no luck.

And maybe the number of plumes on top of the helmet those uncirculated are finer and I think more in number than old one or simply the old ones are worn.

Post the coin Muy.

post-1049-1178684801_thumb.jpgpost-1049-1178684821_thumb.jpg

Here are images.

Thanks muy

Your coin is much better state than mine.

Their is two example of coin and their die is quite different.

Im just an amateur hope expert can comment.