British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Master Jmd

Number of pennies made...

does anyone know of any books or websites that could tell me how many pennies, silver threepences, florins, farthings and/or halfpennies were minted between 1860 - 1967?

The book I do, Collectors Coins GB 2004, has all that info in it.

ok, i will think about buying it :)

Ok, no pressure or anything.

It's well worth it for £5.75 (to you) inc postage. Goes into a lot of detail with varieties, and you get all the other mintage figures too.

Mintage figures are a complicated issue

Is the number the number made in that year or the number issued with that date? (overdates, for example, mean these are not the same thing).

I think the numbers in the various catalogues are the mint production figures.

They also don't tell you anything about the relative numbers of the variants within each date that were made or are still extant.

Yes, all mintage figures should be taken with a pinch of salt, and should be used just as a rough idea.