British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

I've been pruning!

You may have noticed a sudden drastic drop in the number of members! This is not because they all got bored with our conversation and decided to leave, oh no. This is because I terminated the membership of all members that joined more than 90 days ago and hadn't made a single post.

Just a little spring cleaning, to remove the erm 'dead wood' for want of a better expression.

Nice move, Chris!

Finally! Now the member list is actually navigable (is that a word? i mean that one can navigate through it easily :P )

Guest was custard1966

Chris,

I seem to have been removed as a user. My last post was 28th March (in What Is Lustre). I log in to read messages virtually every day.

I can understand your desire to remove absent members but this seems a bit over-zealous.

ex-custard1966

Oh Chris :( Custard made some good posts... can he be resurrected? Go on... an appropriate gesture for Easter!

Chris,

I seem to have been removed as a user. My last post was 28th March (in What Is Lustre). I log in to read messages virtually every day.

I can understand your desire to remove absent members but this seems a bit over-zealous.

ex-custard1966

i see custard on here everyday!

Well, I thought I only removed people that had never posted for over 3 months but I may have removed people that made very few posts over a shorter time too.

I'm very sorry. You understand these things have to be done to remove all the clutter of members than never do anything. It is not possible for me to reinstate you as such, I'll have to ask you to create another account with the same user name I'm afraid.

The last thing I wanted to do was remove active members, I too have seen you round lots, and I'll make sure I make it up to you if you re-join.

Terribly sorry.

The last thing I wanted to do was remove active members, I too have seen you round lots, and I'll make sure I make it up to you if you re-join.

Terribly sorry.

Did i hear a free Churchill Crown? :o

Back now

The real shame is that all my previous posts now show as unregistered.

Also noticed that when following the link from the activation email it doesn't actually log you in (or ask you to login) - this also caught me out the first time I registered

Thanks for the nice comments.

Good to be back.

Can I suggest that it would be better in future to only prune members who don't login? I tend to post only when I feel I've got something worthwhile to contribute.

Yes that would be no trouble, but I was thinking along the lines of being able to post larger pictures, store more messages etc.

Sylvester, you've posted 500 so that makes you a Forum God now, as well as an expert member!

Sylvester, you've posted 500 so that makes you a Forum God now, as well as an expert member!

Wow! and who'd have thought that Churchie would have been in my 500th post...!!!

I wish I was good enough with data bases to re associate your old data with the new user, but I fear it has been lost.

When pruning members it gives me the option to prune using: No. of posts, date of last post, and date joined. I used a combination of them and chopped you off somehow.

I'll be extra careful with that function from now on.