British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Gary D

Problems editing posts

For some time now I've been having problems editing posts. I hit the edit button and go in edit the post then when I hit submit it comes back with an error and everything is lost. The edit button also disappears from the original post. Any suggestions............apart from don't make mistakes in the first place :angry:

For some time now I've been having problems editing posts. I hit the edit button and go in edit the post then when I hit submit it comes back with an error and everything is lost. The edit button also disappears from the original post. Any suggestions............apart from don't make mistakes in the first place :angry:

There is a time limit on editing posts, a couple of hours I think. I couldn't tell you what's causing the error though, I imagine Chris can enlighten us.

The time limit is very short. It's so that you can post something, then check it for errors, edit it and save it, literally straight away. This is so that whatever is said is set in stone and cannot be changed at a later date, so that we can all laugh at you if you say something stupid, and also so that we can all hate you if you say something very nasty indeed (not that you would of course).

Is it possible that you started editing within the time limit and the time limit expired while you were still doing it? Next time, try to edit quickly and see how it is.

If there's something that needs changing, let me know. It's also important that the info kept on here is accurate.

The time limit must be very short indeed. I added a reply to a thread with an attached image. I instantly decided that what I really wanted was the image in the post. I hit edit, inserted the image, corrected a couple of spelling mistakes and hit submit, could not have been more than about 2 minutes tops. Perhaps the time limit is a bit short. A car forum I used to frequent had theirs set at about 20 minutes which seemed to work fine.

Now everybody be on your good behaviour, no posting nudey pictures of your girlfriends etc. :P

I don't suppose there would be much opposition to that, but we must remember that there are under 18's that frequent this place.

I'll see if I can lengthen the edit time.

Besides, what would we do to compete with the Russiansturning.gif?

Having dislexic fingers, I use the edit facility all the time, as viewing my posts will show, and I've never encountered any problems. Could the problem be more local that site?

There we go - I had to correct spelling again! Even editing my edit!!!

Edited by Geordie582

The problem could quite possibly be my end. I'll try a quite edit to see.

Worked ok this time

Edited by Gary D