British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Gary D

Not impressed

I've just been having a look at the Alderly collection on the Colin Cooke site. Lot 177 is listed as a F176, this is the rare 1913 type and I'd expect to go for £150ish. Monday when it went live I phoned with the intention of placing a bid but was unsure as I was not convinced it was a 176 but the common 177. I spoke to who ever it was and we came to the agreement that it was in fact a 177. Now my gripe is, the auction still shows it listed as a 176 and has a bid £50. Now it is very good but £50 for a 177 is in my opinion a bit steep, so is the bidder still under the illusion that he/she is bidding on a 176. :ph34r:

The main thing to do is to make sure that you lobby them into changing the varitey description, and for them to inform all previous bidders. Make sure you keep on contacting them!

HPJ.

Guest Neil Paisley

Lot 177 has actually been changed with a note specifically saying it had been mis-described. The only reason the description wasn't amended before the weekend is because our IT expert wasn't in until today. £50 is the correct price for a Full Lustre 1913, it is now at £60 and the bidder is fully aware that it is the commoner type. We would never deliberately mis inform anybody.