British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
william

Members?

Hi everyone,

I have realised that some of the members on here are 'Validating', most people are 'Members', Sylvester is an'Expert Member', and Chris is 'admin'. I was wondering what it all meant. Can anyone tell me?

Thanks,

William.

Hi everyone,

I have realised that some of the members on here are 'Validating', most people are 'Members', Sylvester is an'Expert Member', and Chris is 'admin'. I was wondering what it all meant. Can anyone tell me?

Thanks,

William.

Chris...

I think it's about time Geoff was upgraded to an 'expert member'!

'validating'? i must have missed that!

I got upgraded early on because i was one of the few of the early members that hung on and still checks the site out, that and i think i answered quite alot of questions back then, but Geoff seems to beat me to it these days!

I think it's about time Oli did too. When will I get upgraded?

I was just trying to post a URL showing the validating members, but it just came up with the forum home page!! <_<

Sylvester,

here]Have a look here to see the 'Validating' members

I take it validating will be those that Chris is approving?

Nice to have the 'expert members' staffroom to myself, but i find it gets a little crowded at times... :blink:

Sylvester,

here]Have a look here to see the 'Validating' members

i had a scout around and found it myself! B)

Sorry, that link just hasn't worked at all! :unsure:

Ok, let me explain....

Sylvester is an expert member because like he said, he did (and still does) add valuable accurate replies to questions posted on the forum. He also knows his area very well, so I manually upgraded him to an 'Expert Member'.

And you're right, perhaps it's about time I added some new expert members, Geoff particularly.

There is a basic scale that you climb dependant on how many posts you have made. But I do the odd thing manually, because I can, and it's much more fun.

When a member is 'Validating' it means that they have not yet confirmed their email address. All new members get an email, and have to respond to it before they are a proper member. That's an automatic forum thing, it does not rely on my input.

Thanks for the info. :D

Flattery will get you everwhere :D

G

Flattery will get you everwhere :D

G

I know i'm like that... a crawler :D

But hey i think you've earned it.

Yes, he certainly has!!