British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

What's your view on tramps/vagants/the homeless, whatever you want to call them. I'm asking this because I've just returned from a jolly time in Manchester but when walking from Affleck's Palace I got accosted by this tramp. He was big and hairy and said "Hi I'm not a troublemaker, I'm homeless". So I just walked past him as you do but then he followed me and I was scared because I thought he would mug me or something. Luckily however, I dived into Harvey Nichols and the doorman wouldn't let him pass. So yeah what's your view?

So yeah what's your view?

There's one in Huddersfield a bit like that, except he's just stark raving mad, or at least he pretends to be? Always asks for money which you know he's going to spend on booze because he reeks of the stuff. Usually a bottle of Scotch or something.

Funny how his coat and clothes change though, so he's obviously not homeless, despite the fact that he stinks like he's not had a bath in a considerable period of time. Oh and he shouts at cars and lamposts. :unsure:

I don't have anything against them, as they have never done me any harm. I have seen a very dodgy looking guy in Chester though, and walked quickly passed as he said "Any spare change, lad?". I've only ever seen one tramp in Manchester, Oli, and he didn't seem bad at all. What part of Manchester were you in? I was down Oxford Road(RNCM!!).

Well I've no idea where Oxford Road is. Oh this is hard to explain, it's quite a way out (the lower classes start appearing then). I tried to find a map but I couldn't. I know Affleck's Palace is near Debenhams which is up Market Strett but that probably doesnt mean anything.

I don't have anything against them, as they have never done me any harm. I have seen a very dodgy looking guy in Chester though, and walked quickly passed as he said "Any spare change, lad?". I've only ever seen one tramp in Manchester, Oli, and he didn't seem bad at all. What part of Manchester were you in? I was down Oxford Road(RNCM!!).

Oxford Road as in the 'station' Manchester Oxford Road?

I don't know about that Sylvester, I was down Oxford Road where the RNCM is, and Manchester University, and Sir Charles Groves Hall of Residence. :D

I don't know about that Sylvester, I was down Oxford Road where the RNCM is, and Manchester University, and Sir Charles Groves Hall of Residence. :D

Near Manchester Museum?

:) That's the one!!

:) That's the one!!

so i was on the right street afterall!

Well I've no idea where Oxford Road is.

Shame on you! It's where the best people study and work, isn't it William?

Oxford Road is one of the main roads going south out of Manchester, the "academic corridor" where the Universities, the RNCM and the Business School are.

Affleck's Palace is brilliant - I got a new dinner jacket there recently for £30 last year. Did you pop over the road and visit Dave Clegg Coins on Lever Street? He doesn't have a huge amount of stuff but I've had a couple of nice things from him and he's not over-pricey.

Geoff

Affleck's Palace is brilliant - I got a new dinner jacket there recently for £30 last year. Did you pop over the road and visit Dave Clegg Coins on Lever Street? He doesn't have a huge amount of stuff but I've had a couple of nice things from him and he's not over-pricey.

Isn't it! Kudos to you for going in - I was forced the first time but now I love it! Some of the clientele are bizarre but I suppose that is one of the draws! I've never actually noticed D.C's coin shop - is it close?

I've never actually noticed D.C's coin shop - is it close?

Oli, if you go along Tib Street from Debenham's, Affleck's is at the end on the corner. Turn right at that corner and cross over. Lever St. is on the other side off the continuation of Church Street. Dave Clegg Coins is a few metres past the end of the street on the left, up some steps. It's not really visible from the road, but part of a little group of stalls in the entrance to the building at the top of the steps.

They used to be in the Corn Exchange before the bomb, then they moved to the Colosseum and, when that closed, their present site.

G

Spiffing! I'll go when I have my next visit to the orthodontist :D << my teeth

All this Northern talk, I feel alienated!

I know a girl in Manchester. Very pretty she is, and living proof that it's not all grim up there. Are they all like that?

All this Northern talk, I feel alienated!

I know a girl in Manchester. Very pretty she is, and living proof that it's not all grim up there. Are they all like that?

There were some quite nice lasses in Barnsley, (looks round hoping this next bit won't get him shot), and you'd not expect that would you! :D

In the words of a friend on seeing a girl in Manchester: "She has a face like a slapped arse"

In the words of a friend on seeing a girl in Manchester: "She has a face like a slapped arse"

i've used that saying myself a few times!

Well I've no idea where Oxford Road is.

Shame on you! It's where the best people study and work, isn't it William?

Of course it is Geoff, you and me should know!! :D

Of course it is Geoff, you and me should know!! :D

now i wonder why that should be? ;)