British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest berlinetta355

could this be Spanish?

Eat slower -> Spend more time in restuarant -> Buy more food/drink -> Bigger tips -> Happy staff

-> Bigger profits ->Bigger wage for boss!

I thought it would get them less of a prophit though, see below!

Eat slower -> Spend more time in restaurant -> More people want to come into restaurant -> Tables full -> Less money made!! :P:P

Now everybody knows I edited that!! What is it? vvvv

Edited by william

...less of a prophit though...

I am a prophet, I make big profits! Mwahaha.

Eat slower -> Spend more time in restaurant -> More people want to come into restaurant -> Tables full -> Less money made!!

Touche, however if it's an upper-class restuarant with wine at £500 per bottle then I'm sure you can see the attraction!

I had noticed, that one or two (well ok, just one) forum member had been editing his/her posts in order to get him/herself out of the big controversial hole he/she had just dug and thrown themselves into.

So, just for fun, when you edit a message now, everybody can see that you have done so!

That new rule does not apply to me or the Expert members.

Touche, however if it's an upper-class restuarant with wine at £500 per bottle then I'm sure you can see the attraction!

Wearing my wine buff hat, if I were to spend £500 on a single bottle (as if) I'd go to a wine dealer and not to a pretentious restaurant where it's undoubtedly something much cheaper with a hefty mark-up.

Wearing my musician's hat, I'd generally avoid restaurants with piped muzak anyway, Pachelbel or otherwise.

There's a great organisation called Pipedown, which campaigns for a reduction of extraneous music in pubs, restaurants and so forth, but that's another story...

G

Of course. That annoying little fellow, Michael Winner, did an article on wine. It was the time when a woman was outraged that the restaurant had charged her £800 for a bottle of wine on her anniversary meal or something like that. But oh no Michael Winner asked why she was complaining. He didn't seem to think it odd that she was charged £800 for a bottle. It's probably because he spends all his time in the rich bubble that he doesn't realise how much £800 is to an ordinary person.

Spend £800 on a bottle of wine and once it's drunk it's gone. Spend it on your dream coin and you've got it for ever.

G :)

Absolutely correct, so everyone get into my Crown section and snap up those Wreath Crowns!

Spend £800 on a bottle of wine and once it's drunk it's gone. Spend it on your dream coin and you've got it for ever.

That should be your epitaph!

Absolutely correct, so everyone get into my Crown section and snap up those Wreath Crowns!

Crowns? :o Sorry don't really do crowns. Never was that fussed over Wreathies... i definately wouldn't pay the prices for them that they go for. :blink: I mean you could buy a hammered gold coin with that kinda cash! :D

Have you had much interest in them, Chris?

I just put them on today, I can see that 250 subscribers have viewed them from the newsletter, but nothing yet. The last 1931 I had, got snapped up in a jiffy.

Good luck with them anyway - the discerning (i.e. filthy rich) collector should get those bought soon!

Good luck with them anyway - the discerning (i.e. filthy rich) collector should get those bought soon!

I think i'd save my money for a Gothic Crown! :D

(if i had that kind of cash)

I just put them on today, I can see that 250 subscribers have viewed them from the newsletter, but nothing yet. The last 1931 I had, got snapped up in a jiffy.

Well I am thinking about it... but you know, I don't really do commemoratives. It was all those frivolous new issues that drove me away from coin collecting for over 10 years and left me feeling ripped off by the mint.

There's a new commemorative five pound coin out now to remember the entente cordiale (of all things! think of the trouble it caused!!)... should I buy it?

Now, isn't a wreath crown just the 1930s version of that? A ploy by the mint to make money from collectors? I mean they weren't intended for circulation were they? So they're not real coins then...

But then some of them obviously did circulate... so they are real coins and I need one! But then the modern rubbish could circulate too... I myself spent a two pound coin in 1986!

HELP ME! Can't you see the dilemma? If I buy a wreath crown then I have to buy the entente cordiale too!! <_<

Now, isn't a wreath crown just the 1930s version of that? A ploy by the mint to make money from collectors? I mean they weren't intended for circulation were they? So they're not real coins then...

But then some of them obviously did circulate... so they are real coins and I need one! But then the modern rubbish could circulate too... I myself spent a two pound coin in 1986!

HELP ME! Can't you see the dilemma? If I buy a wreath crown then I have to buy the entente cordiale too!! <_<

Now that's another reason why i won't buy a wreathie, smells like a commem type to me. They were issued by the mint for people to give as presents at Christmas, or the like, and not for circulation, and since i collect primarily circ coins that have seen a bit of history at first hand, then nope i'd give em both a miss.

But i remember spending a 1994? £2 coin so you know.

But i'd still give it a miss.

Even the very rare 1934 Wreath saw circulation, I handled one that was worn to AEF. I think although they were given as gifts, the fact that they were made by the thousand and as far as I know were not specialy housed, like the 1935 commem, or the 1927 Proof, then surely they are not strictly speaking commemoratives.

I don't think the modern commens will ever be as sought after as a good ole Wreath.

Ignore Sylvester, and contact me personally, I always give the best prices to forumees!

Ignore Sylvester, and contact me personally, I always give the best prices to forumees!

Oh is he buying them from you? You'd better buy them mintmark... :D

(pssst Chris i'll get my tenner later).

(pssst Chris i'll get my tenner later).

What? <_<