British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Such a dishonest seller. I bought the original fake and attempted to educate him. He promised he'd not sell it as genuine but...

Here's the original listing and here's the second chance. Nice feedback, too. ;)

Such a dishonest seller. I bought the original fake and attempted to educate him. He promised he'd not sell it as genuine but...

Here's the original listing and here's the second chance. Nice feedback, too. ;)

Interesting that he found it in with some clocks.

Really sad, that! Reminds me of me some years ago, feeling my way through it all! :(

Really sad, that! Reminds me of me some years ago, feeling my way through it all! :(

I've spoken directly with eBay CS about this rather than just filing a report. I hope they get in touch with the 'winning' bidder but doubt it somehow. :(

Ebay are a waste of your time and effort Clive, theyonly want the money, its more than evident with the amount of things that go by after being reported

Ebay are a waste of your time and effort Clive, theyonly want the money, its more than evident with the amount of things that go by after being reported

That may be true, but where else can you pick up a class 1a penny of Edward I for less than £70? ;)

I'm still intrigued as to the identity of the original producer of the casts. I have the F3/1 shilling which I bought in Nov. 2004 and I know who has the Newcastle 9b 1d original, which he bought in 2005(?). Anyone know the whereabouts of any other originals and purchase details?

I'm still intrigued as to the identity of the original producer of the casts. I have the F3/1 shilling which I bought in Nov. 2004 and I know who has the Newcastle 9b 1d original, which he bought in 2005(?). Anyone know the whereabouts of any other originals and purchase details?

As I mentioned before, I'm pretty certain I stupidly handed back to w&w the original of an E1 groat we frequently see copied...with broken crown?

Also, that recent CGS slabbed coin that TG posted up (Christ, can't remember what of, now), can only be a major CGS cock-up, or the original from which the fakes were made?

Wonder if they all have a common source?

It was a Henry VIII groat, the CGS one i'm sure was kosha, the other 3 had too much similarity and a nick in the same place on all three

Edited by azda

It was a Henry VIII groat

Yes, that was it, the 1st coinage h8! :)

It was a Henry VIII groat, the CGS one i'm sure was kosha, the other 3 had too much similarity and a nick in the same place on all three

If that coin is genuine, though, there's no doubting that all the copies are cast siblings of it.

As I mentioned before, I'm pretty certain I stupidly handed back to w&w the original of an E1 groat we frequently see copied...with broken crown?

Also, that recent CGS slabbed coin that TG posted up (Christ, can't remember what of, now), can only be a major CGS cock-up, or the original from which the fakes were made?

Wonder if they all have a common source?

I'm certain they do.

Seller's got back to me after I left him a negative and says he's asked "3 other peoples who have great knowledge in coinage" and "How have I treated anyone unfairly I treated you in a positive manner?"

The coin is only two thirds of what it should weigh and I've found identical fakes on the Forgery Network... I answered the last question with mention of shilling, fraud, trade description, etc. :rolleyes:

Seller's got back to me after I left him a negative and says he's asked "3 other peoples who have great knowledge in coinage" and "How have I treated anyone unfairly I treated you in a positive manner?"

The coin is only two thirds of what it should weigh and I've found identical fakes on the Forgery Network... I answered the last question with mention of shilling, fraud, trade description, etc. :rolleyes:

Be interested to know who the 3 knowledgable experts are, just so I can avoid any of their expertise in the future? If only you could email the buyer, as in the good ole days! :( Edited by Coinery

Be interested to know who the 3 knowledgable experts were, just so I can avoid any of their expertise in the future? If only you could email the buyer, as in the good ole days! :(

They were good days. 8 or 9 years ago I gave a heads up to someone that the Pontefract they were bidding on was plugged based on a misdescribed catalogue entry of a lot that went unsold at 1300 estimate when it would otherwise have made very good money. Very well done, but still plugged. You don't want to be spending upwards of £2K on what was a 3500 coin at the time only to find out that you'd bought a pup. Needless to say, he retracted the bid and the seller claimed ignorance. Yeh, right. Might have believed him if he wasn't in the habit of selling mostly top end coins.

Be interested to know who the 3 knowledgable experts are, just so I can avoid any of their expertise in the future? If only you could email the buyer, as in the good ole days! :(

As would I!

Also, I've been told "Its not fair to get involved in other peoples livelihoods" -- wondering what this livelihood is. Selling fakes...?

Be interested to know who the 3 knowledgable experts are, just so I can avoid any of their expertise in the future? If only you could email the buyer, as in the good ole days! :(

I asked.

I emailed several coin experts which I found on the internet. A few got back to me and confirmed the type of coin and the value... I wouldn't ever meaningfully sell anyone anything that's not genuine and that's why I'm upset at the feedback left as it goes against everything I'm about I pride myself in been honest and a genuine person.

Hmm. Proved to him it's a fake and he still second chanced it to another bidder.

I asked.

I emailed several coin experts which I found on the internet. A few got back to me and confirmed the type of coin and the value... I wouldn't ever meaningfully sell anyone anything that's not genuine and that's why I'm upset at the feedback left as it goes against everything I'm about I pride myself in been honest and a genuine person.

Hmm. Proved to him it's a fake and he still second chanced it to another bidder.

Deserved the feedback, in my opinion, point him to my old thread a couple of years ago, that shows exactly the same coin (with plug), and the discussion about it being fake...hasn't a leg to stand on!

You have to laugh.

The seller is a spunkster Royal. :P:P:P:P

I did rather fancy this E1 ?Threepence? 390869594692 :rolleyes:

I did rather fancy this E1 ?Threepence? 390869594692 :rolleyes:

link

Edited by Paulus

Thank-you, Sir! :)

Edited by Coinery