British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Professionally cleaned?

I need to get his number so I can get him to clean some of my coins :lol:

It's a pity it comes from a smoke-free home, otherwise it might have restored a bit of toning to the coin. Or is that just wishful thinking?

Professionally cleaned?

It's a pity it comes from a smoke-free home, otherwise it might have restored a bit of toning to the coin. Or is that just wishful thinking?

Looked at the pic first and thought of florin/shilling then flipped it over :(

Crippens acid was probably weaker

Professionally cleaned?

Looked at the pic first and thought of florin/shilling then flipped it over :(

Crippens acid was probably weaker

That guy has a 1903 penny that looks like a Half Crown (color)...all of his coins are the same color! :)

Professionally cleaned?

Yeah, like any of us would have bid on that washer even if it hadn't been cleaned :lol:

Edited by Peckris

Professionally cleaned?

Yeah, like any of us would have bid on that washer even if it hadn't been cleaned :lol:

I get the impression that the seller things that that is a plus point!

since when did a Professional coin cleaning company appear anyway?

Hahahahaha, this is a first for me in terms of pictures...

WTF?! :blink:

:lol: That's an absolute classic! Everything about it is just so wrong...

It looks like he took the picture from his PC camera, while his wife was setting in front of the PC (leaning to the right). I think that may be a First for eBay! :)

It looks like he took the picture from his PC camera, while his wife was setting in front of the PC (leaning to the right). I think that may be a First for eBay! :)

That is the scantily clad model draped seductively across the table showing you what you to could achieve owning this fine specimen of a coin,The coin held aloft in a hard working honest mans hand,tired from the daily slog of hard labour.The little boy in the back ground making you feel secure in the knowledge that if you where to buy it,he would get his christmas lights back,and Santa would come this year,and the room would be alight with the glow from a new light blub,purchased from the profits.....go on you know you want to!

• Like 1

Ewwwwwwwww

Strange, tried to add a youtube link AMD its not Adding it when i finished the post. Whats that about Mr Perkins? Are'nt we allowed youtube Links anymore?

Edited by azda

I haven't changed anything. I'll have a look.

(null)

Originally listed as an Elizabeth I coin I informed him it was a fake Henry VIII. Still listed as genuine. Shame on them. The WRL kind of gives it away... :rolleyes:

Another fake, 'passed down' from his 'great nan'.

These turn up all the time. :o

not a good fake; he broke it.

But may not be lying. Quite possibly his great nan did hand it down to him - after a day out in Blackpool.

Am I missing something?

link

Edited by Paulus

Am I missing something?

link

I assume that the bidders took the starting price of £280 to be reasonable, so that £50 over is therefore not excessive. If it had started at £180 and gone up to £230 there would be nothing to explain as it would be close to Spink book.

Am I missing something?

link

I assume that the bidders took the starting price of £280 to be reasonable, so that £50 over is therefore not excessive. If it had started at £180 and gone up to £230 there would be nothing to explain as it would be close to Spink book.

Yes, you're right Rob - I hadn't checked the Spink price. Guess I just think of these as readily available in high grades, let's see where it ends up! - if close to £400 that is excessive as far as I'm concerned, and would suggest someone paying for the number?

Am I missing something?

link

Yes, you're right Rob - I hadn't checked the Spink price. Guess I just think of these as readily available in high grades, let's see where it ends up! - if close to £400 that is excessive as far as I'm concerned, and would suggest someone paying for the number?

CCGB 2014 price is £150 in BU.So the bidders are buying the slab and its grade.MADNESS.

Spink says 225 UNC.

Anyway, MS64 is something I would want to check very carefully for wear in the hand. There are too many EF or gEF MS64s about to take a punt.

Am I missing something?

link

It's the proof, right? Strange thing is, it doesn't LOOK like the proof.

I do have the ultra-common currency strike in that condition, which I rate somewhere between £100 - £150, so it MUST be a cheap proof, right? (Mine cost a shade under £38 in 1999, and it obviously hasn't gone up by £300 in 15 years, or nearly 1000%...)

It's the proof, right? Even though it doesn't look anything like a proof.