British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

So from my above post regarding fleabay, i Shall Quote their return policy.

Most Buy It Now purchases are protected by the Distance Selling Regulations, which allow you to cancel the purchase within seven working days after the day you receive the item. Find out more about your rights as a buyer and exceptions .

I had a buyer who bought an item and then started a dispute 35 days later, YES 35 days. It was shipped to a UK address but during the dispute i noticed he/she had been using American spelling and found out the coin was shipped to the USA, so ebay in their infinate wisdom decided against me, even after the buyer had, had the coin for 35 days.

Absolute fecking joke

All you can do is block buyers.

I'm sure we all have a list.

The buyers and sellers are mainly great so I will still keep using it.

I restrict countries although I have had been happy to deal with genuine collectors who email first.

My eldest daughter does my listings although I pay heavily.

Plus the trake down to the village PO.

• Like 1

1933 Penny, anyone?

Good grief!

But you can get one that doesn't look like it's just been dug up for £14.99

1933 Penny, anyone?

Good grief!

But you can get one that doesn't look like it's just been dug up for £14.99

Wow!

Either do i, you'd expect to pay around £120 ish for a top grade, but £156 for that rubbish is plain Crazy plus his EF grade is a little wide of the mark. The acorns are flat, but you know what they say, fools and their money are soon parted and there's plenty of fools on ebay.

I often wonder if its just the ebay sellers with large feedbacks that these idiots run to as we see with sellers like saxbys, people never seem to question grades or what the coin actually is when its a powerseller

Edited by azda

Surely not real bids..

The bidders are all newbies and the seller also ended it! Must've known they weren't genuine..

Can anyone explain to me this relatively new grade of EF for wear GVF for grade mullarkey 151297733446

Can anyone explain to me this relatively new grade of EF for wear GVF for grade mullarkey 151297733446

Just an eBay seller using Estate Agent style descriptions IMO.

He also states the contradictory "As struck with minimal wear"

So the coin is EF, GVF and AS - take your pick!

Just an eBay seller using Estate Agent style descriptions IMO.

He also states the contradictory "As struck with minimal wear"

So the coin is EF, GVF and AS - take your pick!

:lol:

1933 Penny, anyone?

"I don't have much knowledge on coins"

Caveat emptor!!

1933 Penny, anyone?

"I don't have much knowledge on coins"

Caveat emptor!!

probably doesn't have much knowledge OF coins either... or maybe he does... or possibly JUST enough knowledge..

Not Exactly Ebay, but still relevant I think.
http://www.royalmint.com/shop/70th_Anniversary_of_D_Day_2014_Alderney_5_pound_Silver_Proof_Coin?promocode=E1513A&__ja=tsid:38667%7Ckw:E1513A&utm_campaign=70th_Anniversary_of_D_Day&utm_medium=email&utm_source=HouseList

Do they really need 70 year commemoration, I could understand ( but maybe not like) 75 years and could see 100 years but 70 is rather unnecessary .

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/70th_Anniversary_of_D_Day_2014_Alderney_5_pound_Silver_Proof_Coin?promocode=E1513A&__ja=tsid:38667%7Ckw:E1513A&utm_campaign=70th_Anniversary_of_D_Day&utm_medium=email&utm_source=HouseList

Do they really need 70 year commemoration, I could understand ( but maybe not like) 75 years and could see 100 years but 70 is rather unnecessary .

Cashing in whilst there are still folk around with a living memory of the event

Edited by davidrj

Much like this, the Gairsoppa gimmick.

Cashing in whilst there are still folk around with a living memory of the event

Its quite a sad thought really.

I think I might be a member of the last generation to have direct links to anyone from the 1st and 2nd world wars.

Much like this, the Gairsoppa gimmick.

I did see that and thought the same, they will be doing the Lusitania, HMS scylla and that small wooden boat under the waterfront in Plymouth next....

I think I might be a member of the last generation to have direct links to anyone from the 1st and 2nd world war

Quite - ancient history to my son & his kids

Although it's a little better than the first as it claims the coins have been struck using the silver recovered from the ship. I quite like that idea!

I think I might be a member of the last generation to have direct links to anyone from the 1st and 2nd world war

Quite - ancient history to my son & his kids

Such a shame, i mean I'm 22 and just remember talking to my great granddad about the great war and talking to all my grandparents about the second world war.

I just hope the importance and respect isn't lost

Although it's a little better than the first as it claims the coins have been struck using the silver recovered from the ship. I quite like that idea!

That was an interesting point, but not enough to reel me in

Agreed. I like the idea but I'm not about to spend £30 on one :D