British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Absolutely, if he's choosing to ignore everyone then, hey, he deserves what he gets :ph34r:

If you look at the listing it says he's had 15 enquiries - so I'm clearly not the only one.

It's like you're trying to justify it to me... I'm with you :P Haha.

And I also give eBay as much respect as it gives it's users. (read: none)

I also can't see the section where it says how many queries he's had? :wacko:

Edited by Nordle11

You could retract your bid and then all the other bidders will see it drop dramatically. They will then wonder what the problem is?

Trouble is that the under-bidder is at £422 and the 3rd highest at £401, so it would drop to £411 (I think?) and he/she may end up buying it!

Where are these collectors who have £400 to spend but no idea on their subject!

I have lots of mega rare 1965 pennies with FULL LUSTRE :o Only £400 each ;)

Oh I see. So we need to blame the bidder who went from £50 odd straight to over £300!

Where are these collectors who have £400 to spend but no idea on their subject!

I have lots of mega rare 1965 pennies with FULL LUSTRE :o Only £400 each ;)

In a parallel universe. There appears to be many people who only buy on eBay and ignore dealers' lists and sites. Very few of the buyers I have sold to on eBay have returned via the site. They want their 99p coins - everything else is a rip-off.

Oh no! Someone else won it - was it one of us?

Oh no! Someone else won it - was it one of us?

It wasn't me and it wasn't Dave. So I hope it was one of us... :unsure:

Getting outbid is just ridiculous

whats the story with the coin anyways? it a known reproduction/someone has rubbed off the WRL?

I managed to save this one from unknowing customers a while ago(now i am restricted buying things for a few months though :( )

i feel a responsibility to do things like this as the missus bought a liz shilling WRL for me last Christmas she apparently paid £100+ for.

this one was

"This is not a fake coin - I don't sell fake coins. This is a silver hammered coin of charles I. If you want to withdraw from the sell then thats ok - but please don't suggest that I sell fake items - look at feedback and you will see that I sell alot of genuine hammered coins."

and when i told the seller to get out the electron microscope to spot the R on the reverse

"Wow - I can't believe that - I am so sorry. I bought this from Birmingham Coin Fair and had it assessed and a card written up by someone who has a collection of Hammered coins and none of us noticed this on the coin until you have just bought it to my attention."

Have you read the auction pies?

Have you read the auction pies?

Sorry never got that far. Looks like a few still bid

Just to play devil's advocate here, what are the legalities around such bidding. Can the seller sue as a bid is a legally binding contract.

I suppose he could try ... until you throw in the material fact that he was warned it's a worthless replica, and that eBay have certain rules about 'counterfeits'...

I also live in Poole and will happily buy that seller a pint.

• Like 1

I also live in Poole and will happily buy that seller a pint.

I'll let him know.

I find it amusing that so many fools are out there.

Just look at the PPI claims.

Hopefully my 2 daughters are warned...although they do attract some right knobheads. :mellow:

One from eBay themselves now.

Just looked at the wife's eBay account and she has 100 free listings in the Motor Car category only available to private individuals. How many non-businesses would conceivably have 100 cars to dispose of? :blink: You wouldn't get to 100 in a lifetime, let alone on the 1st of May.

Lol, just goes to show their stupidity Rob. I was offered free listings after i took their Survey after a dispute. During the Survey i repeated in each answer how f¥+*@!g stupid and ignorant they are towards sellers, and so they believe that in giving you a free listing it will make everything all better.

All its done is made me decide not to sell on there again due to their policy of a buyer is ALWAYS correct and the seller can go bite the big one even though as a seller i helped pay their wages. Never again

Edited by azda

I suppose you could always list Dinky Toys in the car category?

I suppose you could always list Dinky Toys in the car category?

Or not bother listing anything at all. Sooner or later they're going to stop playing god and let the sellers have their say, or else it's going to start squeezing their Profits