British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Don't know if the word 'antique' is legally binding, normally (I think) it refers to items >= 100 years old ... anyone know the unofficial but accepted equivalent for 'vintage'?

Don't know if the word 'antique' is legally binding, normally (I think) it refers to items >= 100 years old ... anyone know the unofficial but accepted equivalent for 'vintage'?

Vintage is regarded as about 50+ years and yes antique about 100.

So technically they can't even be classed as vintage let alone antique :D

*couldnt edit, sorry*

So technically they can't even be classed as vintage let alone antique :D

*couldnt edit, sorry*

What's 3 years amongst friends.

cdesteve must have taken ages to find such good coins. Not as low as the usual quality which is normally best described as 'defective washer, with traces of detail disfiguring the otherwise 100% proof-like blank' ;)

Wow that seller has a lot of coins to shift! :unsure:

They should be weighed in, then he could buy some more and start again. There are quite literally tons of coins that need to go in the pot. cdesteve holds a measurable percentage of them.

Wow that seller has a lot of coins to shift! :unsure:

Plus a dinghy!? :s

This is sad. Someone paid £150 for it and Westminster couldn't even get the years of issue correct on the COA? 221406996553

$_58.JPG

For shame. :angry:

Edited by TomGoodheart

Grrrrrrrr!

A disclaimer description accompanying a BUnc mint-roll coin!

"An uncirculated coin has no wear, although there could be substantial bag marks."

Grrrrrrrr!

"An uncirculated coin has no wear, although there could be substantial bag marks."

Sounds about right.

There are more bamarked unc coins than unmarked ones. The bigger the coin the more there are likely to be

Edited by Rob

Grrrrrrrr!

Sounds about right.

There are more bamarked unc coins than unmarked ones. The bigger the coin the more there are likely to be

"Although there COULD be..." Which portion of the mint roll would you get I wonder?

UNC might be far from perfect in my book ... I like AS (As Struck) better! (which of course might be far from perfect too, but I prefer it nonetheless!)

Edited by Paulus

Pick the best out of Tesco's although we never pay cash...They do have them.

The local village PO is the best...but who wants this modern c***.?

...but who wants this modern c***.?

Maybe someone who has coin collectomania, loves coins, but has no coin budget? ;)

Though financially strangled at the moment, I did hit Declan for nearly 40 pre-decimal EII coins, which I justify by telling myself I'm collecting the two Elizabethan reigns! This also loosely permits me to pick from change! :wacko:

Incidentally, it was an absolute pleasure to share the first ever scratch-made cuppa with you aboard the boat and talk some coin!

Damn nice chap that Declan! An intellectohippy for sure! Great stuff! :)

3 of my last 30 purchases have been modern c**p. :ph34r:

...but who wants this modern c***.?

Maybe someone who has coin collectomania, loves coins, but has no coin budget? ;)

Though financially strangled at the moment, I did hit Declan for nearly 40 pre-decimal EII coins, which I justify by telling myself I'm collecting the two Elizabethan reigns! This also loosely permits me to pick from change! :wacko:

Incidentally, it was an absolute pleasure to share the first ever scratch-made cuppa with you aboard the boat and talk some coin!

Damn nice chap that Declan! An intellectohippy for sure! Great stuff! :)

I remember at the Midland buying Stephen Lockett's box of Unc modern stuff (60s and decimals) for stock purposes - he charged me two-and-a-half-times face for it. Needless to say I made all that back, and more. Quite a nice little earner when you're running a list :)

Edited by Peckris

Yes, "shine" is definitely more apt than lustre in this case.

Yes, "shine" is definitely more apt than lustre in this case.

You could also take way the N in SHINE and add a T and the description would be perfect

Ahahaha :lol:

Then it would read "1903 penny with full shite."

:D

Ahahaha :lol:

Then it would read "1903 penny with full shite."

:D

Sic(k) :D