British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Not sure about mule - in that condition it's more like a horse's a*se!

Guest Guest_Gary D_I'm_a_Guest
Not sure about mule - in that condition it's more like a horse's a*se!

That's one rare horse's a*se, Freeman rates it R18. If that was in my range I'd put up with a few knocks

I think the point is that it's toothed both sides and the the seller is talking out of their arse (as we seem to have a bottom theme running)

He's having a laugh. This is a £300 or so coin because at least it looks good. It's also one of the commonest Taylor restrikes. Peck 1309

As for this, I do wish people would do some research when they say it is the best known example. Spink only give a price to EF because that is the grade of the best known piece in this instance. The best piece which is ex-Montagu, Banes, Wheeler, Lord Hamilton and Adams is significantly better than any of the top pieces and is still only EF. Like all of the other known examples, it too has some of that inconvenient wear but is still better than this piece. He ups the grade every time.

Edited by Rob

Must have been good - no longer available for sale, so maybe someone bought it :D

Hope it wasn't 50pjoe!!!

This maybe a rare coin and catalogue prices low.

But in my opinion struggles to reach Fine.....any comments ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1854-Shilling-Extrem...1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy always overgrades. Detail = extremely fine in most instances. This has the bonus of a silhouette. I also note that gg20285672 bid £97. At that level he would have to relist it as at least gVF :unsure:

Breakage surely! :D

And with all those sales you'd think he could afford a pair of spectacles! :blink:

I sold him a few pieces of crap once - after all he has to get it from somewhere :D . Not the fastest payer in the world if I remember correctly.

Must have been good - no longer available for sale, so maybe someone bought it :D

Hope it wasn't 50pjoe!!!

nope wasn't me! hehe....

Crap grading, but based on his own website's criteria or so it seems. 1806 halfpenny. For some reason, grading as a result of wear resets to a new level at 1797AD. Watford Coins. :unsure:

I'm not surprised he wants Paypal only. If his address became known, we'd all come round and picket his house to stop any of his lots escaping into the big wide world.

Edited by Rob

Lloyd Roberts, Loverly man, buys some of my books!

And usually has some nice stuff, though I really don't know what to make of that one! I've seen stellate Roman denarii but a farthing... :blink::blink::blink:

I've bought a fair bit off Lloyd in the past....great dealer.

I just wonder why these happy hands would want to deface coins......but then I find my 10 year old has a few coppers in Coca Cola next to my grots soaking in Olive oil.

Still overgrades but not as bad as others. I've had more than the odd not-UNC

I wish I had this much money to waste :unsure:1863 shilling

Do they really think someone is going to be fooled by that? Jeez - ebay needs to get a grip on this shill bidding before someone is seriously amused... :lol:

OK! Anyone any idea what this is about? The coin has had 2 bidders, both from the same person and both for 0.01p! I don't think that will push up the bidding by much <_<

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hammered-Silver-Coin...1QQcmdZViewItem

And do you think the same as me? This decidedly looks cast and in pewter but that could be the old cynic in me :unsure:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...mMakeTrack=true

Edited by Geordie582