British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

I emailed them to say it was worth about a fiver and they asked if that was an offer😂

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Worth buying at that price!

Don't splash out just yet. If you can live without that gorgeous scratch down his neck you can grab a bargain at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384097875584

"No returns accepted" and not posting by special delivery.

One should be deeply concerned by anyone selling an expensive and rare item under these terms!

On 4/15/2021 at 12:47 PM, Diaconis said:

1833562618_temp-Copy.jpg.37fac2d35f94dbe8bfca441bd723931d.jpg

He has got a feedback from this seller. This seller has sold an item to someone with his exact feedback rating for £10.50

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLD-BRITISH-COINS-JOB-LOT-TIN-OF-RANDOM-COINS-FROM-OLD-COLLECTION-BRITISH-/174663610855?hash=item28aac331e7%3Ag%3AwIMAAOSwUJtgP81z&nma=true&si=XpF%252Bkwt2rQwC5K5pXI4GDtDduUY%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Could be just a coincidence. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JJs said:

Don't splash out just yet. If you can live without that gorgeous scratch down his neck you can grab a bargain at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384097875584

Too late :(

4 hours ago, jelida said:

Some quite sophisticated fakes from this seller I think.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203445604907?hash=item2f5e4d922b:g:xDUAAOSwUS5gli0T

Jerry

Looking through his collection of items what strikes me is the weird orange deposit/corrosion on most of them - coins of different periods and countries!

Those roman coins look really nasty - proper cruds, barely even noticable as coins even

1 hour ago, copper123 said:

Those roman coins look really nasty - proper cruds, barely even noticable as coins even

And VERY common.

Yes I bet they fart a lot and live on council estates , LOL

• Haha 1

"Cooper" is about right,  with all those holes..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/14/2021 at 10:58 PM, copper123 said:

Yes I bet they fart a lot and live on council estates , LOL

Where 'ere ye be, let the wind run free.....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Where 'ere ye be, let the wind run free.....

Esp. if you suffer from lactose intolerence , and IBS

• Haha 2

...Iain Duncan Smith?...no, wait, where are my glasses....

2 hours ago, copper123 said:

Esp. if you suffer from lactose intolerence , and IBS

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2021 at 7:16 PM, secret santa said:

- economy delivery is a mere £800 !!!!!

What planet do these cretins inhabit ?

Apparently a rather distant planet

• Haha 2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224490919818?hash=item3444b3978a:g:QOoAAOSwYjReLcLD

Saw this one on ebay.uk a PCGS slabbed coin graded AU-55. Also included a screen shot of the PCGS  photo. I think this coin is badly over graded and think F-15 would be a more accurate grading as there is considerable wear on the obverse that cannot be putdown to a light strike. The reverse although appears to be less worn is not anywhere near to AU grades. Again I do not thing these professional graders are producing a constant product. I know you should buy the coin not the assigned grade but new collectors can be badly miss lead by this sort of miss grading. A PCGS AU-55 grading example is included for comparison.

Clipboard 4.jpg

Screenshot 2021-06-09 173312.jpg

Edited by ozjohn
More info
  • Like 1

Yes, overgraded.

Fred the flour grader would have got closer.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, ozjohn said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224490919818?hash=item3444b3978a:g:QOoAAOSwYjReLcLD

Saw this one on ebay.uk a PCGS slabbed coin graded AU-55. Also included a screen shot of the PCGS  photo. I think this coin is badly over graded and think F-15 would be a more accurate grading as there is considerable wear on the obverse that cannot be putdown to a light strike. The reverse although appears to be less worn is not anywhere near to AU grades. Again I do not thing these professional graders are producing a constant product. I know you should buy the coin not the assigned grade but new collectors can be badly miss lead by this sort of miss grading. A PCGS AU-55 grading example is included for comparison.

Agreed. I'd struggle to give that obverse even VF, though the reverse - as so often for this series - is a grade or so higher.