Jump to content
British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

   Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, jelida said:

Yep, definitely the same coin, right down to the  reverse fingerprint. Pure scam - note the "seller's" feedback count, nil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a little bit of fun: - start at the bottom

ME

You too my friend, all the best.

frli_9876

Honestly, i have no idea what your talking about lmao. But if he rings i’ll be sure to answer. 

have a nice day.

ME

I've notified the Vatican. If the Pope rings don't hang up, it's not a scam

frli_9876

Honestly this is a miracle. My father works with scrap cars and brings back a ton of old coins. I was looking through them out of curiosity and began to google some of them and boom, I discovered a rare coin had teleported itself to my sofa.

ME

That same coin is for sale on JN coins, must be a miracle that it has teleported itself to your sofa LOL
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think you were allowed to sell wives on Ebay:

"RS Job Lot , Flat Nose , Snipe Nose , Cutter , Screwdriver , Wench ,. Some as new not used , Wench has been used , see photos, Dispatched with Royal Mail 2nd Class."

How "used" is the Wench?

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly.....:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diaconis said:

Just had a little bit of fun: - start at the bottom

ME

You too my friend, all the best.

frli_9876

Honestly, i have no idea what your talking about lmao. But if he rings i’ll be sure to answer. 

have a nice day.

ME

I've notified the Vatican. If the Pope rings don't hang up, it's not a scam

frli_9876

Honestly this is a miracle. My father works with scrap cars and brings back a ton of old coins. I was looking through them out of curiosity and began to google some of them and boom, I discovered a rare coin had teleported itself to my sofa.

ME

That same coin is for sale on JN coins, must be a miracle that it has teleported itself to your sofa LOL

At least it has now been removed.

Most of the other items are school books and so I guess the person is either a parent or a kid. What a crazy and reckless thing to do. You have done a good deed and saved him or her from getting into some serious trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... and promptly re-listed. Serial fraudster - needs to be locked up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would anyone who claims to know nothing about coins find one in a slab lying around the house? You might find a loose coin here and there, even if the coin in question is stretching things a bit, but not a slab. I suspect he genuinely knows nothing about coins, or would have realised the incongruity of what he is saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Rob said:

Why would anyone who claims to know nothing about coins find one in a slab lying around the house? You might find a loose coin here and there, even if the coin in question is stretching things a bit, but not a slab. I suspect he genuinely knows nothing about coins, or would have realised the incongruity of what he is saying.

It could be a 'She' Rob

This offering from the same seller made me titter

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pretty-little-thing-off-shoulder-red-dress-size-10-but-stretches-to-12-and-14/333710394247?hash=item4db2b08387:g:fmwAAOSwmyBfU0Ft

I'm sure it would stretch to a 16 or an 18 too if you put your mind to it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diaconis said:

It could be a 'She' Rob

This offering from the same seller made me titter

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pretty-little-thing-off-shoulder-red-dress-size-10-but-stretches-to-12-and-14/333710394247?hash=item4db2b08387:g:fmwAAOSwmyBfU0Ft

I'm sure it would stretch to a 16 or an 18 too if you put your mind to it. 

 

"Worn only for these photographs"...perhaps that's how the stretching was discovered...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Paddy said:

... and promptly re-listed. Serial fraudster - needs to be locked up.

 

Though I see now the header has been altered to include the word 'half', and the reverse photo swapped for one of a worn 1926 half penny, which I assume is the actual 'extremely rare' coin found lying around the house.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Diaconis said:

It could be a 'She' Rob

This offering from the same seller made me titter

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pretty-little-thing-off-shoulder-red-dress-size-10-but-stretches-to-12-and-14/333710394247?hash=item4db2b08387:g:fmwAAOSwmyBfU0Ft

I'm sure it would stretch to a 16 or an 18 too if you put your mind to it. 

 

Maybe it is a woman in that case.

Not sure it would stretch to 16 or 18 - it's managing all of 2 at the moment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Maybe it is a woman in that case.

Not sure it would stretch to 16 or 18 - it's managing all of 2 at the moment.

Boom Boom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jelida said:

Don’t be tempted...I’ve seen this coin for sale recently at several grand, this guy has just stolen the pics.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1926-ME-Penny-George-V-Uncirculated-NGC-MS-63-RB-Extremely-Rare-F-195/333710807341?hash=item4db2b6d12d:g:F-4AAOSwUKRfU67~

Jerry

.

 

Edited by mick1271

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another way of putting it is that over half of those graded by PCGS (9 out of 16) is of the same grade or higher.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rob said:

I like the broccoli and bilberry toned ones best.

Ill go for the aubergine and cumquat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Diaconis said:

Yes Diaconis, if ever proof were needed of TPG being such a daft concept these listings surely serve. 175 quid + delivery for a 1966 half crown because, er, it's the fourth best example which has passed across some bloke's desk? It's the poor saps led to believe they're investing in something which will retain, or even accrue, value I feel for.

In a drawer to my left there's one of those old red card bank rolls containing 50 mint 1967 half pennies. I can't be bothered having them slabbed myself but if anyone here would want to do it the entire roll is yours for a thousand pounds.

No?

Oh, all right then, you've a lucky face, two thousand pounds.

5p?

Come on, you're killing me here.

10p?

No, no, NO! I can't be pushed any further, you're stealing the food from my children's mouths.

11p?

Oh, alright, I know I'll regret it tomorrow, three thousand pounds, but that's my last offer. Final. No more.

12p?

Oh, you people, call yourselves coin collectors?  Go back to your Franklin Mint plates, and cabbage patch dolls, you don't know what you're talking about….

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Michael-Roo said:

Yes Diaconis, if ever proof were needed of TPG being such a daft concept these listings surely serve. 175 quid + delivery for a 1966 half crown because, er, it's the fourth best example which has passed across some bloke's desk? It's the poor saps led to believe they're investing in something which will retain, or even accrue, value I feel for.

Sounds like the Royal Mint😉

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×