British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

42 minutes ago, declan03 said:

You called it :)  Coins as rare as that I would stake my life come with some form of provenance  side apart from it looking like a complete fake . I was going to add perhaps it has come to the stage where only slabbed authenticated coins will be saleable and raw coins not even if they came with C.O.A the C.O.A would probably be fake as well :(

Edited by zookeeperz
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, declan03 said:

Have a look at this 1911 gold half sovereign. Might be wrong but to me the sword suspect. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1911-half-gold-sovereign/282720520015?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Looks ok just bad lighting by the widow sun out and curtains giving it a weird look.? Again I learned the hard way like most of us . Things that are just out of focus or just not sure are cleverly designed that way for a reason normally. Not all but most

1911a-horz.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, declan03 said:

I wouldn't buy it. Can't put my finger on it but it don't look right. Might just be the awful picture

3 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

I wouldn't buy it. Can't put my finger on it but it don't look right. Might just be the awful picture

I know what you mean, the V I C (toria) letters just loook a little "off"

1845 halfcrown. ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1845-Queen-Victoria-Young-Head-Silver-Half-Crown-In-Excellent-Condition/172964092395?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2750.l2649

Danewood. ....

http://www.danewood.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=1845 QUEEN VICTORIA HALFCROWN

The list goes on and on and yours truly jumped in with both feet to fill my boots. On second look they just didn't look right. Not paid for yet. Pay the £100 & leave negative feedback when returned?

Yes WPA, they were all sold this evening. I,m surprised they made it past this forum. I tried searching the forum for fake Victorias but there's no info unfortunately.  ???

Just tell the guy the truth you have found out they are fakes and only cost a couple of £ each.

It would mean him getting off with it to do the same again.....he made about 1k earlier. I wonder how many times he has pulled this stunt?

20 minutes ago, declan03 said:

It would mean him getting off with it to do the same again.....he made about 1k earlier. I wonder how many times he has pulled this stunt?

Dont worry about him you wont stop them but If you want to throw £100 away though you can send it to me instead please.

I will PM you my address;)

Edited by PWA 1967

Lmao.....i think i will just cancel ?????

• Like 1

same 6 on the 1886 and they all look fake. Report the fraudster. that other guy made 7.5k on fake kew's. This is some serious wonga going missing from innocent folk. Surely there is some kind of fraud watch for crying out loud. It is clearly apparent to me now if it wasn't before Ebay is a scam site and should carry a 3/10 trustworthy rating. Might kick them in the backside to police the site. They quote all these subsection rules and conditions but don't do anything about it. I want to report ebay for soliciting criminal entity's to run rife through their site. Where do I go?

• Like 1

Surely not? really resurrecting 200 year old dies from the vaults to restrike anniversary coins? Damn these are pretty impressive. I can see these fooling many esp the reverse. If the wish desired

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1797-Cartwheel-George-III-KGIII-Two-Penny-2d-nice-coin-200th-anniversary/152779062205