British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, newheart said:

Fake or ridiculous price?

Fake.  The little heart on the reverse left of the sheild shows its a replica. Fairly common one that we see a lot. 

Here's a few others from the same company in their packaging. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANCESTORS-4-COIN-HAMMERED-NOVELTY-REPRODUCTIONS-in-sealed-packs/192335788555

Edited by Ukstu
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, newheart said:

Fake or ridiculous price?

Both.

• Like 2

Just now, Ukstu said:

Fake.  The little heart on the reverse left of the sheild shows its a replica. Fairly common one that we see a lot. 

Ah yes - now even I have heard about that mark! But I didn't spot it...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, newheart said:

Ah yes - now even I have heard about that mark! But I didn't spot it...

They are a pain in the arse at the moment. Starting to see more and more different types.  Think this is the company making them. 

http://www.ancestors.co.uk/index.php

Edited by Ukstu
  • Like 2

Just now, Ukstu said:

They are a pain in the arse at the moment. Starting to see more and more different types. 

Different types of marks, or different types of fake coins? (newbie question, sorry!)

4 minutes ago, newheart said:

Different types of marks, or different types of fake coins? (newbie question, sorry!)

Different coins. Just found their catalogue. Shocking. There isn't much they are not replicating. 

http://trade.ancestors.co.uk/products/timeline/coins

• Like 1

Did you create an account with them Stuart? If there detail system is as dodgy as their coins, i would be disinclined to give them any info.

2 minutes ago, declan03 said:

Did you create an account with them Stuart? If there detail system is as dodgy as their coins, i would be disinclined to give them any info.

No mate. I just clicked on trade and found that link to the coin stock page. 

• Like 1

I,ve bookmarked it anyway for future reference. Maundy coins and everything in there!

• Like 1

Tiny pictures though. Wonder if these are all marked with a heart or similar?

The biggest joke about this Elizabeth replica is that it's mostly called a sixpence! And I might be feeling a little bit unsympathetic tonight (OK, maybe a lot), but anyone that wants to buy an Elizabeth sixpence with that bust stamped upon what is a so-called sixpence coin, that looks like a plastic/pewter threepence, really needs to get their act together.

make sure your first £30-£50 spent on Elizabethan Coinage is on BCW's Elizabethan Silver Coinage book. Once you own and read this book, the pewter coins we see everyday on eBay will trouble you no more! :) 

WARNING - if you buy this book, you'll be hooked...enjoy! 

Edited by Coinery
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Coinery said:

make sure your first £30-£50 spent on Elizabethan Coinage is on BCW's Elizabethan Silver Coinage book.

Whats the full title?

11 hours ago, Ukstu said:

They are a pain in the arse at the moment. Starting to see more and more different types.  Think this is the company making them. 

http://www.ancestors.co.uk/index.php

Well done for finding this Stu - this is so detrimental as these menaces are cropping up time and time again. Unfortunately since they are being sold as replicas the company selling them is doing 'nothing' wrong - certainly in the blinkered eyes of eBay, but they will provide a steady source for the conmen to sell.

Edited by hibernianscribe
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Ukstu said:

Reported too.

?Reported too?