British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

2 minutes ago, Ukstu said:

Some people eh!. Really wow , what a dick. Glad you got it sorted in the end.

Wonder what his problem was? Sounds like a right weirdo. 

A Weirdo :lol:

Said he got me mixed up with someone else :o

What an idiot lol. ? . Look before you leap not one of his strong points ?

Edited by Ukstu

30 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

On the point you raised above Stu

Yesterday looking at my ebay i had received feedback from a coin i bought last week along the lines of........."Buyer never contacted me and would of got refund left negative feedback F%^%in idiot."

Made me laugh as i hadnt even left any feedback :D

I mailed him and told him to take it off of which again he went on with himself.

Anyway the point i am making is i phoned ebay who accessed my account and looked at the messages etc ,deleted the feedback and sent me a copy of the mail they then sent him.

The thing is they dont tolerate the abuse and language some pricks send people..... the seller then sent a message to apologise.

All good fun :)

Pete.

That's interesting - I've never noticed any 'contact us' link on eBay - where is the contact number?

Frank

6 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Just to the right of your log in name Frank.....Help & Contact.

You know in all the years I've used eBay, which must be at least 10, I've never noticed that link - I suppose that's an indication that overall I've had reasonable experience with respect to my own purchases etc. since I've never needed to contact them. Thanks for that!

Frank

1 hour ago, Michael-Roo said:

His previous listings made me laugh, this one just baffles. We've entered unchartered territory here…..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/harfpenny-Charles-11-with-the-head-of-Victoria-bun-head-one-side-of-the-coin-/272842959385?hash=item3f86b52a19:g:KS0AAOSwE9lZtpgz

All that's missing is counterfeit Newark Siege Piece dated 1677. :mellow:

Edited by Rob
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

All that's missing is counterfeit Newark Siege Piece dated 1677. :mellow:

:D

5 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

A Weirdo :lol:

Said he got me mixed up with someone else :o

Eh? :lol: 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Michael-Roo said:

His previous listings made me laugh, this one just baffles. We've entered unchartered territory here…..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/harfpenny-Charles-11-with-the-head-of-Victoria-bun-head-one-side-of-the-coin-/272842959385?hash=item3f86b52a19:g:KS0AAOSwE9lZtpgz

He must have mystical powers if he can figure out what that disc was once . It looks like something you find in ashes of a bonfire when kids have been chucking coins in it. The weird and wonderful world of eBay ?

•  

Reported! Does anyone have any contact with pennywise in Bolton? He needs a look at this so he can contact the police. There's no way he's okayed that lump. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charles-l-Civil-War-Hammered-Seige-Coin-/182746366285

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Michael-Roo said:

•  

That should read 'uncharted', not 'unchartered', but I'm sure you knew that…...

On 9/12/2017 at 0:55 AM, Ukstu said:

Reported! Does anyone have any contact with pennywise in Bolton? He needs a look at this so he can contact the police. There's no way he's okayed that lump. 

It has the same trefoil / heart stamp that was on (I think) the fake 1562 lizzy halfgroats and Henry VIII halfgroats ? 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2017 at 0:55 AM, Ukstu said:

It was pulled but he has relisted it, so reported again.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charles-l-Civil-War-Hammered-Seige-Coin-/182763263841?

Jerry

Edited by jelida
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, will1976 said:

and me - I wondered if this conmerchant would relist it again.

Edited by hibernianscribe

Done. ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

We may aswell all have a go and i dont even know whats wrong with it :D

I didn't either but if those 'In the know' know that's good enough for me!

Lol nor me...who started this thread? ?

I reported it yesterday when it relisted. It ended normally. 

Its a cast copy. One of those dodgy little heart ones we've all seen lots of. Usually lizzie sixpences or charles II half groats. 

If i get chance tommorow I'll ring pennywise and let him know. He may ring eBay to complain. He's not verified that. 

Edited by Ukstu
  • Like 1

Oh yes Stuart, i see what you mean now with the heart. Why do you think they do this with the fakes, that tell tale sign with the heart shape?

58 minutes ago, declan03 said:

Oh yes Stuart, i see what you mean now with the heart. Why do you think they do this with the fakes, that tell tale sign with the heart shape?

The original manufacturer of the copies wasn't trying to pass them off as genuine. Things should be marked as copies or some otherwise identifiable mark to prevent precisely what is happening on eBay. It doesn't matter what the mark is as long as you can identify the real from the copy.

There are clearly unscrupulous people who are also serious collectors. The last LC auction had one of the Charles I shillings of which I have the original (lot 1735). This was withdrawn because I picked up on it. Having pointed out the identifiying characteristics in a Spink Circular article eight or nine years ago, this last example was conveniently 'chipped' below the bust at the place where the join can be seen.

• Like 1

Thank you for the info Rob. Good to know we have knowledgeable chaps on here like yourself to keep us right, which is always appreciated. Personally i could not have distinguished this from the real thing. But then again, i wouldn't spend that amount on a coin from ebay.