British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

2 minutes ago, declan03 said:

"Half" decent is a tad optimistic!

• Like 1

Looks rather crude to me but better looking than some copies I guess.

The seller gave his address as Moussaieff [Jewellers]  Hilton , 22 Park lane, London. I do find this very hard to believe especially when the item is supposed to be in Hong Kong and Moussaieff sells very expensive jewellery. 

Here we go again:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222636312072?ul_noapp=true

More from the Moscow Mint!

I've reported it.

Edited by hibernianscribe
  • Like 1

I see it's been sold for $25.

2 hours ago, hibernianscribe said:

I see it's been sold for $25.

Oh well we can't win em all i guess. Probably sold before it was investigated. I bought an exact one of those for my son about 2 years ago , £1.99. There very thick and heavy with a milled edge. 

48 minutes ago, Ukstu said:

Oh well we can't win em all i guess. Probably sold before it was investigated. I bought an exact one of those for my son about 2 years ago , £1.99. There very thick and heavy with a milled edge. 

Problem is a lot of these fake milled lizzy coins look very authentic in the photographs on eBay, one really does need to handle them as well to be sure, so inexperienced collectors snap them up thinking they've got the real thing. It's a rotten shame and the crooks are laughing!

14 hours ago, hibernianscribe said:

Problem is a lot of these fake milled lizzy coins look very authentic in the photographs on eBay, one really does need to handle them as well to be sure, so inexperienced collectors snap them up thinking they've got the real thing. It's a rotten shame and the crooks are laughing!

I know. Highly unlikely to send it back to mother russia either if they realise its rubbish. Judging by the quality of some of these unmarked reproductions the hobbies heading into real trouble in the future, i wouldn't like to be starting up now its a minefield. 

On 17 August 2017 at 5:28 PM, Ukstu said:

I thoroughly agree Stu, the best we can do I suppose is to report as many that we see. But then how often does eBay actually pull the plug on an item - does it need a min number of reports? I think we have more success in contacting sellers to shame them, but then that doesn't work with the hard-nosed fraudsters.

Frank 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hibernianscribe said:

I thoroughly agree Stu, the best we can do I suppose is to report as many that we see. But then how often does eBay actually pull the plug on an item - does it need a min number of reports? I think we have more success in contacting sellers to shame them, but then that doesn't work with the hard-nosed fraudsters.

Frank 

Agreed. I think your probably spot on about a minimum number of reports. They only seem to get pulled after we've posted them on here , when i used to report them as an individual they would mostly complete on to sale. 

I've laid off emailing sellers as i got a death threat off one idiot who was supposedly a reputable dealer or that was the persona he was trying to project online. I did some background checks on him and his details where murky , none existent shops and addresses etc , thats when i realized some of these people are criminals not just hard up kids trying to make a few quid. 

In the future I'll just continue to report them and post them here for group reporting , I'll let other people email them if they wish , i fear diplomacy isn't my strong point when people start getting cocky lol. 

Stu.

• Like 2

Keep up the good work Stuart. I,ve also been reporting them when i see them on this thread. As you said, the more people reporting it the better. It also lets me see the dodgy coins before i jump in with 2 feet!!

• Like 2

The description ?. 

2 hours ago, declan03 said:

The description ?. 

looks ok to me from here, is that a rare year or summit, 

why make a coin look that good for such a low value, are they contemporary forgeries ? 

16 hours ago, craigy said:

looks ok to me from here, is that a rare year or summit, 

why make a coin look that good for such a low value, are they contemporary forgeries ? 

"near mint copy of the Mundy coin a real collectors item ! it will be sent 1st class recorded delivery signed for if won, thanks"

On 08/09/2017 at 8:07 PM, hibernianscribe said:

It is indeed a shame. But I am not too sorry for the buyer in this case as anyone thinking that he can buy a high grade genuine Elizabeth I shilling for $25 is just stupid or blinded by greed. 

Edited by Sword

1 hour ago, Sword said:

"near mint copy of the Mundy coin a real collectors item ! it will be sent 1st class recorded delivery signed for if won, thanks"

I know. I had to put my reading glasses on to see that. Minuscule writing on my phone screen. 

On 9/9/2017 at 2:41 PM, Ukstu said:

Agreed. I think your probably spot on about a minimum number of reports. They only seem to get pulled after we've posted them on here , when i used to report them as an individual they would mostly complete on to sale. 

I've laid off emailing sellers as i got a death threat off one idiot who was supposedly a reputable dealer or that was the persona he was trying to project online. I did some background checks on him and his details where murky , none existent shops and addresses etc , thats when i realized some of these people are criminals not just hard up kids trying to make a few quid. 

In the future I'll just continue to report them and post them here for group reporting , I'll let other people email them if they wish , i fear diplomacy isn't my strong point when people start getting cocky lol. 

Stu.

On the point you raised above Stu

Yesterday looking at my ebay i had received feedback from a coin i bought last week along the lines of........."Buyer never contacted me and would of got refund left negative feedback F%^%in idiot."

Made me laugh as i hadnt even left any feedback :D

I mailed him and told him to take it off of which again he went on with himself.

Anyway the point i am making is i phoned ebay who accessed my account and looked at the messages etc ,deleted the feedback and sent me a copy of the mail they then sent him.

The thing is they dont tolerate the abuse and language some pricks send people..... the seller then sent a message to apologise.

All good fun :)

Pete.

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Like 1

Some people eh!. Really wow , what a dick. Glad you got it sorted in the end.

Wonder what his problem was? Sounds like a right weirdo.