British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

"Not much more info except these are garden finds. House is old but not pre 1550 I think.

Listed these a few weeks back with many comments that they are fake but I also had positive feedback from some that were genuinely interested.

The truth is I don't know. Just have had them for 10 years or so just lying there & will take a chance on selling them at whatever price. Not looking for a windfall!

Let's see?"

:ph34r:

• Like 3

Gee that item description is something else!! If you notice the bidding, there was a bidder with 673 in it from the start. Looks like he was trying to inflate the price for it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hammered-silver-coin-1562-Elizabeth-/132288678230?hash=item1ecd050956:g:Ic0AAOSwnsZZibRb

Look at the effort that has gone into making this fake look good! Smoothing, scratching, toning, he deserves a prize! And only £200 bin!

Please report it.

Jerry

• Like 1

Reported ! Seems to be a fairly new tactic of scamsters. Damage / falsely age replicas to make them less obvious to some. 

10 out of 10 for trying!! ?

On 08/08/2017 at 9:39 PM, jelida said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hammered-silver-coin-1562-Elizabeth-/132288678230?hash=item1ecd050956:g:Ic0AAOSwnsZZibRb

Look at the effort that has gone into making this fake look good! Smoothing, scratching, toning, he deserves a prize! And only £200 bin!

Please report it.

Jerry

Another one bites the dust. Good work guys. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mick1271 said:

Reported it and sent the seller a message.

Me too.

And me.

Me too

Onboard. ?

ditto

Me too. Item reported to Ebay and seller messaged.

39 minutes ago, Michael-Roo said:

Its been taken down.

This ploy seems quite effective if enough of us report it and bombard the suspect seller with curt messages.

• Like 1

I also reported it. Seems that multiple reports is the key. :)

• Like 1

?

There is currently an 1820 £2 advertised on ebay for £8,500.  Unfortunately he wants another £22,500 for standard postage!  (I';m guessing with a feedback score of zero he hasn't worked out that ebay takes 10% of the postage too). 

To be fair Spink quotes it as £62,500 in FDC so perhaps it's a bargain (gold's not my field so don't know). 

5 hours ago, pokal02 said:

There is currently an 1820 £2 advertised on ebay for £8,500.  Unfortunately he wants another £22,500 for standard postage!  (I';m guessing with a feedback score of zero he hasn't worked out that ebay takes 10% of the postage too). 

To be fair Spink quotes it as £62,500 in FDC so perhaps it's a bargain (gold's not my field so don't know). 

He is also trying to sell a circulated 2016 base metal £2 coin for £1500!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shakespeare-Coin-/112516457181?hash=item1a3280e2dd:g:5BwAAOSw9EZZilQT

Yes, but its the antique edition remember. ?

? Lol. Got my first one of those last night in my change. Bought a pint of milk and my morning paper with it today.