British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

?

reported it too

I can't understand how he's kept his 100% feedback if he's done this in the past

Frustrating ?. I reported that about 3 times. Be thankful we are wise enough to know better. Maybe the buyer will be though i doubt it. It was screaming replica all over even without the heart stamp. 

Edited by Ukstu
  • Like 1

Lovingly buffed up with an angle grinder perhaps. Must of run out of brasso! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132287507999

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ukstu said:

Mind-boggling!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ukstu said:

Holed and in that grade and asking £349.99. What planet do some of these idiots live on? Surely, even the biggest coin collecting mug on earth would think twice about that?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ukstu said:

The numbnuts ought to concentrate on his comics,although he is a joker.   Yep,that's a thrower.

• Like 2

The number of alleged 1893/2 pennies on offer in e bay, leads me to believe that the vendors are either 'avin a larf, or seeing something that isn't there. Because if they're all correct in their assumptions, it's not nearly so rare as made out. Heres a link to one such offer and a pic:-

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by 1949threepence

I can definitely see something there!!! and would have thought it was a 3 over 2 on that one

12 minutes ago, bhx7 said:

I can definitely see something there!!! and would have thought it was a 3 over 2 on that one

Here's another UNC example a few pages on, and the link to it:-

s-l1600.jpg 

6 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

The number of alleged 1893/2 pennies on offer in e bay, leads me to believe that the vendors are either 'avin a larf, or seeing something that isn't there. Because if they're all correct in their assumptions, it's not nearly so rare as made out. Heres a link to one such offer and a pic:-

s-l1600.jpg

Thats a clear nice example and although not rare most seem to be low grade and worth checking as i have found a couple .

The second picture one was sold on ebay by john blyth about twelve months ago .

Think like most varieties people just start looking for them so more turn up and if i remember correctly a forum member found one that sold for over £1k at LCA a few years ago and at that time was considered rare.

In goubys book as BP1893B

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Like 1

They are not particularly rare and the price of lustrous examples seems to have settled at around £400 judging by recent auctions.   No doubt a lot are freshly recognised. The one currently on EBay looks to be a nice and clear example, as much as one can be sure from the pics. There are undoubtedly a number of different overstruck dies. Gouby does cover this in detail. Some sellers seem to be referring back to Spink catalogues of 5-6 years ago, when the published prices were much higher. Spink do seem to be moving with the times on this one.

Jerry

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Think like most varieties people just start looking for them so more turn up and if i remember correctly a forum member found one that sold for over £1k at LCA a few years ago and at that time was considered rare.

1300 hammer B)

The funds went to a good cause. Having established that the best one of this die combination on my list of acceptable and available examples was in fact bought by Exeter Museum in the Willis sale (1991), I acquired the second best D17 on the list as my example - ex P W P Carlyon-Britton, H W Morrieson, E E Yates, H M Lingford & A Barr

c1920 Exeter D17 crown - Copy.JPG

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1

He's back again with more crap. I emailed him previously when he was selling the WRL Eddy 1st groat and John shortcross replicas. Please report them ! Not sure if they are all replicas but the groat is i can see the WRL stamp on it. Perhaps this is a new tactic to confuse buyers , lace it with a few low value genuine coins. I suspect they are all fake though and he's deliberately damaged them. The shortcross ones look to have the same moneyer as the WRL ones (Simond)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122636948835

Edited by Ukstu

Done. ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ukstu said:

He's back again with more crap. I emailed him previously when he was selling the WRL Eddy 1st groat and John shortcross replicas. Please report them ! Not sure if they are all replicas but the groat is i can see the WRL stamp on it. Perhaps this is a new tactic to confuse buyers , lace it with a few low value genuine coins. I suspect they are all fake though and he's deliberately damaged them. The shortcross ones look to have the same moneyer as the WRL ones (Simond)

Who conveniently only strikes at Rhuddlan - one of the more expensive mints. And they are from the same dies with the same weakness on the inner circle below the M. Remarkable. I wish I was that lucky. My Rhuddlan from the same moneyer cost me over £600 and there are two here for a quid!

• Like 1

Reported too.

• Like 1

Reported.

His item description:

"Not much more info except these are garden finds. House is old but not pre 1550 I think. 

Listed these a few weeks back with many comments that they are fake but I also had positive feedback from some that were genuinely interested.

The truth is I don't know. Just have had them for 10 years or so just lying there & will take a chance on selling them at whatever price. Not looking for a windfall! 

Let's see?"

His garden continues to offer up its treasures…...

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. He previously referred to them as old crap in boxes i think it was. A fairly accurate description.  Last time they were in a bag then a box in his garden.  I did notice he never gave nor recieved feedback for the last two that i assume went on to sell. Maybe the buyer pulled out. There was a few false bids put in that where withdrawn to warn others i assumed.  Lets hope eBay pull this one! 

2 hours ago, Ukstu said:

There's at least two with the wrl stamp, I've reported them too

• Like 1