British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Yes, Dave, exactly. I've submitted the report too.

3 hours ago, Danelaw said:

Maybe not yesterday, but possibly in the last few months.........

• Like 1

Nearly as bad as those Andorra coins that one. Reported it also. Appears to be the guy selling one of those dodgy sixpences. Definitely aware of his actions , no mistakes. 

Edited by Ukstu

21 hours ago, mrbadexample said:

And an object lesson in photography ... if you want to photograph your coins, wait for a rainstorm...

...Though the liberal application of Brasso may have helped keep out the moisture.

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Like 2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1829-HALF-CROWN-/172806982068?hash=item283c1949b4:g:t8wAAOSwGrNZhLNm

Another copy the seller hasn't even described it as such. In my book a deliberate attempt to deceive. The only saving grace is the quality of the copy is so bad that it would not fool an experienced collector. However perhaps a less experienced collector could be. In any case items such as this are against EBay's listing rules and should be removed.

Ugly thing ain't it. Never seen one so bad. Reported it! ?

Yes. I doubt if it will do any good. A large response from members of this forum may produce a more positive result.

• Like 1

I hate seeing people fleeced. I,ve reported it too. 

2 minutes ago, declan03 said:

I hate seeing people fleeced. I,ve reported it too. 

And me, for all the good it'll do. :rolleyes:

I've reported it too, if we keep bombarding eBay they might do something

How has the seller got positive feedback on those fakes he has already sold at 30x the price he obviously paid for them? If buyers are paying that sort of hard earned for quite obvious fakes it makes you wonder what their collections consist of and at what cost....

• Like 1

Well spotted John. Just looked at his feedback. He's sold another 3 equally foul looking things. 

Listing ended. Three cheers for us.

• Like 1

I am adding that guy to my favourite sellers list. That way when he lists his junk it will show in my feed and i can post it here ?

There's sure to be more crap to follow from him. 

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292204572795

Look at his other listings. Almost everything is a metal detecting find. The description on his " mediaeval gaming coin" is hilarious. His feedbacks diabolical also. Why would anyone buy anything from somebody like that. Smh! 

????????????????????????

But come on, he does have 90.7% positive feedback. What more could you ask of a seller?

• Like 1

If only it was a picture of him on the treatment table at Newcastle whilst counting his huge wad of weekly sick pay I would have been in like a shot! 

• Like 2

You can't even message him now.

I've reported it.

• Like 1

Same here. Reported it again. That description is still misleading. I urge others to do the same we may get it pulled again , hopefully ?

• Like 1