British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

He's just posted his photos... :rolleyes: Afraid it doesn't look good.

Tell him to put in the next DNW so they can tell him the good news.

Clive, I would love to see his pictures.

Yes. Peter, you can see them on the link now.

Nice bit of history.:) If I was a Charlie fanatic (aka TG) I would want that.

Some monkey on ebay has knocked off the copy to one of my items, word for word. I can't report it through the normal ebay channels because my listing is on Etsy. 

3 hours ago, bagerap said:

Some monkey on ebay has knocked off the copy to one of my items, word for word. I can't report it through the normal ebay channels because my listing is on Etsy. 

Pardon my ignorance but what's Etsy please?

It's a selling website catering in the main for hand crafted items, but it does have a Vintage section for anything over 25 years old. A hell of a lot of coin sellers use it as insertion fees are only $0.20 for three months and final value fees only 3.5%.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/BAGERAP?ref=hdr_shop_menu

2 hours ago, bagerap said:

It's a selling website catering in the main for hand crafted items, but it does have a Vintage section for anything over 25 years old. A hell of a lot of coin sellers use it as insertion fees are only $0.20 for three months and final value fees only 3.5%.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/BAGERAP?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Thanks for the prompt response and the info.

:lol::lol: And with one bid already :lol::lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nordle11 said:

:lol::lol: And with one bid already :lol::lol:

At less than £25 each, I think the buyer will make more than that by selling them individually. There's no con involved here. The only sanity issue is how much the purchasers of the individual pieces pay looking in the future. You see single copies selling for a three figure sum on occasion - now that's worthy of a :blink: or a :wacko:

• Like 1

What do members think of this guys stock? Some of these look iffy to me, the coins and most of the artefacts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hammered-Sceat-Silver-coin-with-CROSS-Ancient-ANGLO-SAXON-circa-680-720-AD-/152183888123?hash=item236eddd8fb:g:px4AAOSwdzVXmQn2

Is this another Saxby?

Jerry

6 minutes ago, jelida said:

What do members think of this guys stock? Some of these look iffy to me, the coins and most of the artefacts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hammered-Sceat-Silver-coin-with-CROSS-Ancient-ANGLO-SAXON-circa-680-720-AD-/152183888123?hash=item236eddd8fb:g:px4AAOSwdzVXmQn2

Is this another Saxby?

Jerry

Seems very saxby like in description

A shilled auction in progress. 

image.jpeg

Annnnnd another

image.jpeg

surely your not suggesting that a JB eBay sale is rigged  @azda ?

B)

Edited by azda

Amazing what people collect. A 10 yr old in the 60's collecting dates from circulation?

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Amazing what people collect. A 10 yr old in the 60's collecting dates from circulation?

Ahh, them were the days (wipes away tear of nostalgia)…….

One of my pet hates are so called "premium eBay seller" who try to rip people off. This one is koscoins claiming that his 1687/6 James II shilling is actually with M over G in MAG. The reverse error is a pretty noticeable error as i've had one of these a few years back, the funny thing is, when he bought it from Londoncoins there was no mention of the REV legend error although they have sold a couple and know of the error.

So just another eBay seller trying to make a few more bucks instead of just selling the coin as he bought it.......The next post is the actual coin that's for sale on eBay and the Londoncoins sale coin......

Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 11.57.36.png