British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

On 12/05/2016 at 8:39 AM, mrbadexample said:

I asked the question. Response: " Hi
Not entirely sure myself whether this is a made up set or an original issue
Sorry cant be more helpful
Kind regards "

So he's a chancer, put'em on ebay to see if he gets a bite.

3 hours ago, Gary1000 said:

So he's a chancer, put'em on ebay to see if he gets a bite.

Caveat Emptor!!

Both of these sold at the last Londoncoins sale in far less the grade being offered and for a combined price of £175 hammer, now asking £1000 each

This is so sad it is actually quite funny.

Paid £75 plus juice for the coin described/graded fairly as EF... Not a bad purchase (CCGB value £90). There are faults with the coin so not truly for our 1d connoisseurs amongst us. Then to overgrade,give it spin with an awful grasp of English,ask £1000 on Ebay and we have a nomination for shyster of the year. Can we all offer sub £75 ? Well spotted Dave,great to see you back.:)

13 hours ago, azda said:

Both of these sold at the last Londoncoins sale in far less the grade being offered and for a combined price of £175 hammer, now asking £1000 each

That seller is starting to .......BUG ME.

Stupid daft prices and listings :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I linked him both Londons auctions and he claimed the 1870 wasn't the same coin (uh huh) he told me they were bought from someone else on eBay who grade them both as UNC, yet when I showed him the Londons listings he did nothing at all to alter them.

He/she certainly seems to think penny buyers wouldn't check against prices elsewhere. You can only give the benefit of the doubt for so long, but this one certainly seems to be trying to rip:fool people.....if we went through some of their other listings we'd probably find a few others, but now we know about this one, also on Facebook selling their wares according to the description.

Another to keep well away from..

Hey Peter, hope all is well with you , glad to see you again my old friend...

I asked the seller about this pretty much stating sold at LCA, March, £100 etc etc. The feedback I had was:

No sorry think you have made a mistake I brought this on eBay not less then 3 weeks ago for nearly 500 on bids if you have the info for this coin please share as I will be contact eBay bout this matter as I've had another dealer tell me a coin I had was another from another aution which i also won on eBay many thanks again shelly

So it appears they may have been had in the first place.....  :(

I had the listing pulled earlier. Ebay are fantastically strict on what can and can not be stated in a listing. Theirs breached two biggies. 

Personally i I don't think they expected to sell them for that price. I believe they were listed to draw people to their ebay shop and facebook group. If you check their feedback they appear to be moving very low grade to low grade inventory. 

Edited by Mynki

2 hours ago, Nonmortuus said:

I asked the seller about this pretty much stating sold at LCA, March, £100 etc etc. The feedback I had was:

No sorry think you have made a mistake I brought this on eBay not less then 3 weeks ago for nearly 500 on bids if you have the info for this coin please share as I will be contact eBay bout this matter as I've had another dealer tell me a coin I had was another from another aution which i also won on eBay many thanks again shelly

So it appears they may have been had in the first place.....  :(

He gave me the exact same answer.

48 minutes ago, Mynki said:

I had the listing pulled earlier. Ebay are fantastically strict on what can and can not be stated in a listing. Theirs breached two biggies. 

Personally i I don't think they expected to sell them for that price. I believe they were listed to draw people to their ebay shop and facebook group. If you check their feedback they appear to be moving very low grade to low grade inventory. 

I can still see the text and pics from his listing on his FB Group page, what are the listing rules he was breaching?

10 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I can still see the text and pics from his listing on his FB Group page, what are the listing rules he was breaching?

I'll pm you later when not on my phone. 

Lets be honest here folks, the op on this particular bit got his wrists slapped for constantly having a go at this particular lady a few months ago - her partner was dying from cancer.

Nice to see he's keeping tabs for us. As to what's really going on I don't care and am not getting involved this time although it definitely does appear a bit dodgy.

Hope you managed to pick all your toys up - AGAIN!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Flash said:

Lets be honest here folks, the op on this particular bit got his wrists slapped for constantly having a go at this particular lady a few months ago - her partner was dying from cancer.

Nice to see he's keeping tabs for us. As to what's really going on I don't care and am not getting involved this time although it definitely does appear a bit dodgy.

My health is not fantastic and have an infusion once every three week.

Thats irelevant and does not mean i can charge daft prices or try to have someone over :(

35 minutes ago, Flash said:

As to what's really going on I don't care and am not getting involved this time although it definitely does appear a bit dodgy.

52 minutes ago, Flash said:

Not sure if you're referring to me Flash, am thinking not as this is the first time i've seen this seller and secondly the OP was called Kuhli who started this thread back in 2005

Edited by azda

The Ebay seller is obviously not the full shilling. That is no defence regardless of any circumstance.

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

The Ebay seller is obviously not the full shilling. That is no defence regardless of any circumstance.

:D I am not peter but not a reason to have people /try to have them over.

Not a full shilling :D

There are the clever fraudsters who still get found out,the shillers who fail to cover their tracks,idiots who need a slap. A few years back a so called decent ebay dealer supplying high quality coins went AWOL with £000,000's of buyers money.

The more rotten fruit that can be found within the coin community and outed the better.

Wasn't sure which topic to put this in but just wanted to point out that despite being NGC slabbed this ebay piece is NOT an 1897 High Sea Level, so please do not be tempted / mis-lead by the authoritative labelling, would be an awful lot of money anyway even if it was:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1897-Great-Britain-Penny-High-Sea-Level-NGC-MS-64-Red-Brown-/162088884604?hash=item25bd40197c:g:lZwAAOSwIjNXJp~w

I have advised the seller so hopefully he will now either remove or add some additional comments

• Like 1