British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Just a word of advice Paul, there are many fakes of Liz milled coinage without "copy" or "WRL" stamped on them, I'd only buy those from reputable dealers or auction houses. Glad it's resolved for you, it's a lot of money to lose had it come to that.

Good advice!

Let's hope they haven't got the 'intelligence' to notice this can work in reverse! Beware any large sales to this person!

A general address would be useful, Paul? Are you able to access the return address from PP, just a street and town would do?

Oh, and phew for you! :)

Phew indeed!

joseph kennedy Flat 1 281 London Road South Lowestoft

Probably one of Peter's relatives I imagine.

That is good news, I was waiting for an update!

Jerry

Just a word of advice Paul, there are many fakes of Liz milled coinage without "copy" or "WRL" stamped on them, I'd only buy those from reputable dealers or auction houses. Glad it's resolved for you, it's a lot of money to lose had it come to that.

Good advice!

Let's hope they haven't got the 'intelligence' to notice this can work in reverse! Beware any large sales to this person!

A general address would be useful, Paul? Are you able to access the return address from PP, just a street and town would do?

Oh, and phew for you! :)

Phew indeed!

joseph kennedy Flat 1 281 London Road South Lowestoft

Probably one of Peter's relatives I imagine.

Lowestoft is 50 miles away Paulus I live in WEST Suffolk the neighbours are acres away. :P

I'm still angry as I don't appreciate being taken for a mug, and I wouldn't like this to happen to anyone else!

I am tempted to fire this off to the seller's email address that I have through Paypal, anyone think of any reason to caution me not to??

As you may have seen, I have left you a big fat negative on eBay feedback.
It's not nice being a victim of fraud, has it ever happened to you?
I thought I would inform you of the consequences of your idiocy.
  • Firstly, I have been fully refunded, including postage both ways, funds that eBay will get back from you, if they haven't already, and assuming you were able to withdraw my Paypal payment when it was made
  • Suffolk Police and the Fraud Squad have your details, including your Paypal, eBay, email, name and address
  • All the details of your crime, and all your contact and eBay details, have been added to various blacklists, including collecting forums, Facebook Groups, and on-line 'rogue trader' galleries
Good work!

Don't forget, he has your address too. My instinct would be not to send it.

Don't forget, he has your address too. My instinct would be not to send it.

You are right, of course, he does, and messages sent when feeling angry are often not a good idea! Just wanted him to have a sleepless night I guess (although that's not guaranteed if someone is used to wrong-doing!)

Any other views?

I would guess Azda would like him hung, drawn and quartered, while others might advise I put it down to experience! After all, I am not out of pocket.

But the 'rap on the knuckles' from eBay is reportedly so gentle as to not deter would-be repeat offenders

With bagerap, but totally understand where you are coming from!

You've already done a good job in sharing him as a villain here! No point in waving the 'here I am' flag to someone who's probably quite pissed off about the whole thing! You must remember, he's probably already spent that money down the pub...now he's got to go short next week to pay it all back to his overdraft! Tee hee! :)

The cherry on his feedback is never enough in these instances and ebay always give them a wee slap and then they trot on their merry way. Unfortunately there's not much more that can be done which is a great pity because it's these types that always create hassle for the decent ebay types such as yourself Paul.

It's a learning curve and put it down to yet another eBay experience. As I said above, buy these types of Liz coinage from reputable dealers or auction houses.

Peace✌️

There's currently a Churchill crown on ebay (actually there are hundreds, but what stands out about this one is the £500.00 asking price). Seller has a zero feedback too. At least he/she doesn't say it's rare.

I would rather keep my 50p

I think he's used what he wanted to use, albeit a strange description haha.

He has written.. "The modified coin has been engraved with some enigmatic floral scrolling with some decidedly erotic figurative shapes."

Maybe he can see something we can't... :ph34r:

I have looked for ages and no t*ts ore a**e is visible , must admit i like the item - really unusual.....

I follow this seller as he's within walking distance of me, although we've never met. His descriptions are usually very accurate and he always seems to get top dollar for his items.

I have looked for ages and no t*ts ore a**e is visible , must admit i like the item - really unusual..

:P One way of getting you to look closely at the item then!

It's incredibly well done, I love it! One of the better ones I've seen!

You going for it, Debbie? :)

• Like 1

I would have had a Stab at this 221810880973 had he nor killed it in picture 3 with a freaking Paraffin wipe, completely killed the coin now

I would have had a Stab at this 221810880973 had he nor killed it in picture 3 with a freaking Paraffin wipe, completely killed the coin now

Tell him. People need to learn.

I did already Richard, he said I could retone it with cigarette ash lol

It often amazes me what some people will pay for a very common coin.

Probably the easiest date in the series, this has gone for £33 with a stonking great rim nick at 3 o'clock on the reverse:

link

Edited by Paulus