British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

This batch has taken longer than previous ones, SC says complete on Friday (although I hadn't chased) which would be 65 days ... well within their 90 but I used to get 35. My batch of 7 has been at the 'finalising' stage for 3 weeks, pending attribution should come before that, do you mean 'pending encapsulation'?

Have they assigned a UIN to your coin yet, and if so, what is it?

There's a UIN but its not searchable. It says attribution pending. Isthis because its a variwty? I've no idea

Edited by azda

What's the UIN Dave? Let me know, I will PM you with what I know of their process ;)

Edited by Paulus

The one on the right?

:D

1/-1/-1/-1/-

The scum

Haha... 261877567523

Not only is the price silly, but the description says "..Stunning!" AND the condition is down as, "It looks like beautiful oak furniture".. :blink: OK..

Amusing guidance post on the eBay web site!

link

Not sure if it's accurate, or out-of-date, since their rules seem to constantly change. Can't see a disclaimer stating that the content does not reflect the views of eBay themselves, but it contains advice such as 'never bid until there is less than an hour to go'!

Edited by Paulus

He does sign off with.. "The world is full of retards. Beware!"

He did warn you.. :D

Seriously, am I missing something here? This coin was sold at Lockdales along with 1 other in the same lot for £75

that's got to be shilled

Isn't EVERYTHING from the Bedale Hoard nowadays? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Same seller thinks the 1916 is the recessed ear aswell,not looking at anymore daft thing is they have the book.

daft thing is they have the book.

:D that's probably the problem! They do say books make instant experts! Oh, dear! :)

:D that's probably the problem! They do say books make instant experts! Oh, dear! :)

Same seller thinks the 1916 is the recessed ear aswell,not looking at anymore daft thing is they have the book.

What they usually Do is scan the book and see a high price for a rarity and hey presto its a rarity, but Pity help you if you try and correct them because all of a sudden you know fcuk all and they've become instant dealers.

Ebay is good for that

Edited by azda

Stewie

You can say that again. B)

Ak!!! :blink:

Toned

A small sample for those that don't want to click:

post-129-0-33898600-1434308933_thumb.jpg