British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

I know that most folk on here have no interest in medals & tokens but even so, you should appreciate the huge cojones of this seller.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-British-Coin-/291428329597?

As a rule, I sell one of these a fortnight. At around a fiver.

When you get to 100,you get sent to Broadlands courtesy of the Queen? Or should that be Broadmoor? NURSE!!

Er indeed Debbie! Guess you have the word 'engraved' in you search criteria!

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1818-Solid-Silver-Crown-Coin-Vintage-Prince-St-George-Dragon-King-George-III-/301597254529?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item463898e381

Just for info,This is a fake 1818 Crown,have seen a few so far,however this is the first that I have seen not passed on as a copy.

The listing title sounds like his hovercraft is full of eels. He appears to have latched onto some vaguely relevant words. Not sure where prince or silver come into it though.

He also appears to have moved house in the past 6 months - to the back to back across the alley. Seems a bit strange to make such a short journey?

And it has the marvelous invisible Victorian enamel.

It is also quite touching that, now they are married; they are considering moving into a house together.

Rarely seen so many factual and grammatical errors in an eBay description! :lol:

Apparently 1818 is nearly 300 years ago! Who'd have thought ...

Edited by Paulus

It's bang on for weight, and he has almost 100% positive feedback too, how can you tell? ;)

I'd love a photo of the scales he used! Grandma's bathroom scales, no doubt! :D

I dont think there are many countries he does not post to though.

:D I was going to mention that! :)

And it has the marvelous invisible Victorian enamel.

It is also quite touching that, now they are married; they are considering moving into a house together.

Bugger that, live separately till the divorce comes through :D

Never seen one with the defective lettering on either the real thing or a copy. Anyone else noted this previously?

I have my doubts about this one als well 171755715267 the leaf under the 1 in date is broken

Edited by azda

That '34 is as rotten fake as they come. Metal quality and surfaces are awful.

Am I missing something here or is it just being shilled? TG?

link

Edited by Paulus

Looks like it. It is Saxby's, so don't hold your breath for a sensible outcome.

I also note that he has changed his advertised address from Devon back to the Midlands. His address could be as accurate as his listings though.

Wouldn't have wanted it, it's horrible, just immersing myself in what's going on with Charlie One :)

Wouldn't have wanted it, it's horrible, just immersing myself in what's going on with Charlie One :)

The portrait is double struck. The second strike is the bit including the i.m , the displaced inner circle and the head.

That poor coin has been brushed to buggery!

That poor coin has been brushed to buggery!

Yes funny how the valuable pieces tend to be treated more leniently. I've seen a lot better rejected for less.