British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

The clarity of the legend seems at odds with the poor relief which is universally dire. You rarely see a sovereign with so little relief, particularly as the date 1925 is not too far from the end of the period when they circulated. Also, why does the extra bit have a crescent around it. It's almost like a cast was made and the extras dropped into a preprepared hole on the 'die'.

It's one to avoid methinks.

Even money that it's a jewellers logo. Indian or Levant jewellery copy.

A bargain at only 1200! Run, Forrest, run!

No mention of the word "COPY" here

And conveniently fuzzy images to disguise the WRL.

I did write to the seller to say the same thing Rob and he wrote back and said "No idea if it's a copy"

I have sent the seller a message about WRL.

Lets wait..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What I find astonishing is the pathetic knowledge of some buyers.

It does amaze me that people will spend hundreds on coins without the most basic of understandings!

Any collector who is onto the internet and surely will find us.

I have told buyers that they have bought Shite and been red carded by ebay.

I now have my sellers outside ebay.

Just punch in 1562 and the loonies will swamp for it

Just punch in 1562 and the loonies will swamp for it

And 90% of the people who buy those, don't even realise it's a copy of a 3d and NOT a sixpence! :rolleyes:

A nice VF Charles I shilling here 141591381979

Oh wait, it's a friend of these boards :D

Link added.

Link added.

Full time job you have as "link inserter" :D

Link added.

Full time job you have as "link inserter" :D

It is fast becoming a habit. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nick

And peck's not even around to appreciate it at the moment, either!

Is he not? I keep seeing him in the list of online users and according to the forum he was last active 17 minutes ago.

Is he not? I keep seeing him in the list of online users and according to the forum he was last active 17 minutes ago.

Ah, OK! So I'll change that to not been posting, then! :)

Hah! I can't open links or view images at the moment because my internet connection is only GPRS, but Clive kindly gave me a belly laugh by sending the link to my email address (where I can use wifi - long story)!

Anyway, not bad, he's only 9 marks out! I'm guessing he doesn't think that's a PM key on the reverse then?

If he only but realised that he would have a very unique coin indeed if it WAS a PM lion, as the bust used on his coin hadn't been created yet!

On the obverse, I'm guessing he's mistaking the A of SPINA for a privy mark? I can't even decipher what's between the A and E, but it won't be a lion! :rolleyes:

Anyway, not bad, he's only 9 marks out! I'm guessing he doesn't think that's a PM key on the reverse then?

If he only but realised that he would have a very unique coin indeed if it WAS a PM lion, as the bust used on his coin hadn't been created yet!

On the obverse, I'm guessing he's mistaking the A of SPINA for a privy mark? I can't even decipher what's between the A and E, but it won't be a lion! :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to your email to the seller. ;)

Anyway, not bad, he's only 9 marks out! I'm guessing he doesn't think that's a PM key on the reverse then?If he only but realised that he would have a very unique coin indeed if it WAS a PM lion, as the bust used on his coin hadn't been created yet!

I'm looking forward to your email to the seller. ;)

I might have to point out to him that he's got a unique bust on his trial piece, that's hitherto been unrecorded in combination with the lion.

As if it wasn't rare enough already! :)

They're all at it now! 371277524598

The fleur de Lis from the centre of a coronet/crown PM has now become the stand-alone obverse mark to create this 'unique mule' fleur de lis/coronet! Honestly! :rolleyes:

Here's one that sold for over £100 this evening, and doesn't even exist as a genuine date for the coin (except in proof, which this isn't):

link

Edited by Paulus