British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

I've always thought that those of us on the other side of the pond have a better eye for quality -- and here's the proof -- a lovely 1853 rainbow toned farthing...

Rainbow Farthing

I wonder which chemicals they used?

If I recall correctly, you stick it on the gas ring...

If I recall correctly, you stick it on the gas ring...

Correct in the case of the blue, and the red comes from Brasso or similar.

All the George V1 farthings looked previously polished...with this one in question recently buffed up.

Unless a clear close up photo is available (or a contact nr for the coin dealer) I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Incontrovertible proof that the American fascination for toned coins has gone too far...

A Colourful Copy

:o:wacko::blink::D

At least they're being honest, but what imbecile would buy this cr*p?

Only a couple thousand dollars over the top, therefore quite reasonable by ebay standards. 1806 penny

Only a couple thousand dollars over the top, therefore quite reasonable by ebay standards. 1806 penny

But the thing that makes me really mad is the 'Numismatic Guaranty Corporation' describing it as 1P.

Most interesting description for a coin: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...alenotsupported

Great pic of it too, think we could all learn a lesson or two about coin photography...

Bit of a problem here. When I hit that link I get somebody selling a pair of trousers!

Oh, I see. That's the point.

:wub:

It's not only the mismatch between title and picture. The title is a coin, the picture is of a Levi's label but the description is for a pair of Nike tracksuit bottoms. :wacko:

It's not only the mismatch between title and picture. The title is a coin, the picture is of a Levi's label but the description is for a pair of Nike tracksuit bottoms. :wacko:

It's quite clearly a mule. The winner will probably receive a donkey jacket.

3e7e_1.JPG

Does the seller of the coin live in a sanatorium? :P

Edited by HistoricCoinage