British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

They have tried to improve their customer support but it is still shocking, I haven't sold much high value stuff, yet... I have a few hammereds I wish to part with that should bring in a bit of cash.

I know what you mean, I know one guy who's Lighthouse capsules were pulled of eBay due to them being "counterfeit"... Who would bother faking coin capsules?

I know about your eBook listings, it's a shame as you are genuine and have edited all of them as far as I'm aware.

I know about your eBook listings, it's a shame as you are genuine and have edited all of them as far as I'm aware.

Yes, I take full responsibility for all the spelling mistakes!

Yes, I take full responsibility for all the spelling mistakes!

I wasn't implying that, I was saying that it's a shame eBay think you might be breaching copyright.

I've got the help line phone number, does that make me important :unsure:

It shows on my 'my ebay' page, top right just below the search bar.

I assume it does Gary... It's supposed to be via invitation only so if you've got it then you're a "valued customer."

Where? I can't see one. I have over 3600 feedback and they've earned thousands out of me as fees, and they don't want to know!

About as struck? How far away is "about" allowed to be and aren't the Spink prices quoted somewhat irrelevant? Chas II Maundy Set. Spink only give prices for F,VF & EF; nothing for dug and cleaned etc.

Edited by Rob

I,ve seen lesser examples and at least the pictures give you a clue....quite frankly I've bought EF described as Fine

Recently I got a George 111 shilling UNC for 2.99 as the picture was crap and the seller honest...

EBAY is for fools....there are bargains and complete rip offs....I will always use it...just sort out the fastest finger syndrome. :D

This just caught my eye:

ebay item: 120236101580

It's a 1937 coin which is apparently nearly 100 years old! Starts at £7.99 and postage is £8.00.

That's scrap brass and I find I can't even give away circulated brass 3d's!

Are you thinking of bidding? If so I hope you're not from Nigeria. The seller obviously has a problem sending worthless junk to Nigeria!

He's afraid that Nigerians won't pay the low prices... :lol:

The feedback's pretty impressive too!

HC...

The add is right about one thing...it needs cleaning! <ggg>.

Bob C.

HC...

The add is right about one thing...it needs cleaning! <ggg>.

Bob C.

Needs cleaning = needs binning.

Obviously there is something wrong with our hobby's PR when a significant proportion of the public think we will buy any old crap just so long as it's vaguely round and made of metal.

Obviously there is something wrong with our hobby's PR when a significant proportion of the public think we will buy any old crap just so long as it's vaguely round and made of metal.

I'm surprised he didn't set a reserve on such a rare, quality coin! :P

Nice example of a proof...

I think I'd need proof it is actually a halfcrown!