British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

I know it is a famous rare coin but after reading topcarps spiel is this a realistic price?

That

I know it is a famous rare coin but after reading topcarps spiel is this a realistic price?

That's been around a couple of times now. I think it would need to drop at least £500 possibly £1000 before its about right.

That

That's been around a couple of times now. I think it would need to drop at least £500 possibly £1000 before its about right.

The 1922/27 has a rarity of R18, which is the same as a 1877 Narrow Date, so the pricing on the 1922 seems pretty close to the proper valuation, using the rarity scale as a comparable. JMHO! Ha,Ha...

That

The 1922/27 has a rarity of R18, which is the same as a 1877 Narrow Date, so the pricing on the 1922 seems pretty close to the proper valuation, using the rarity scale as a comparable. JMHO! Ha,Ha...

Mind is valued for insurence purposes at £2750 and that one on ebay would not be an upgrade.

Edited by Gary D

Its a bloody joke and as Clive said, it will only serve to encourage shill bidding which looks like what ebay wants to increase their revenue. Greedy bar stewards. As you also said Nick, its pointless leaving FB at all now, although i always wait until its been left for me and have a small List to leave FB for, but seriously, whats the point now, what are ebay playing at?

I'm Still seeing the feedback names so far. Are you Stuart or Bob, you both use the same as me to Play around with

Its a bloody joke and as Clive said, it will only serve to encourage shill bidding which looks like what ebay wants to increase their revenue. Greedy bar stewards. As you also said Nick, its pointless leaving FB at all now, although i always wait until its been left for me and have a small List to leave FB for, but seriously, whats the point now, what are ebay playing at?

I'm Still seeing the feedback names so far. Are you Stuart or Bob, you both use the same as me to Play around with
Sorry, Azda, a bit confused now????

The feedback System had changed on ebay to a masked feedback, but i'm still seeing the names on my APPLE device, the aye pad, are you?

The feedback System had changed on ebay to a masked feedback, but i'm still seeing the names on my APPLE device, the aye pad, are you?

I still see the full names on my aye phone, time to start scribbling them all down while there's still time!

Ahh, OK, this is what was making me wonder what was going on with the FB thing, haven't viewed it on Windows yet?

They will be ok Paul until you update ebay app, which i tend not to do for that very reason. Take Stuarts William and Mary halfpenny for instance, a private auction but i can tell that the winning bidder so far has an 803 feedback score ;)

1922 REV of 27 here on the bay 331057280575

Link

I'm not sure that e bay is the most appropriate vehicle to sell such a rare item. He might have to wait a very long time before anybody commits to that kind of price as a BIN, and if he went for e bay auction, I'd bet he'd lose out substantially.

Might be better to try London Coins Auction.

Ahh, OK, this is what was making me wonder what was going on with the FB thing, haven't viewed it on Windows yet?

I don't get what all this is about as it pertains specifically to feedback. Just checked in e bay, and all the names are fully intact from Windows.

I don't get what all this is about as it pertains specifically to feedback. Just checked in e bay, and all the names are fully intact from Windows.

Strange, the feedback names were masked the other day, as you can see from other posts , others on the forum also saw it

Strange, the feedback names were masked the other day, as you can see from other posts , others on the forum also saw it

They are masked for me (using Chrome)

It depends where you are looking. All of the names are still visible via your own feedback score, but if you try and look at other people's feedback then the names are obscured.

Edited by Nick

I suspect that eBay will lose sales because of the change to feedback. If I find an eBay item listed by a user that I haven't bought from before, I look at their feedback first. Previously, I might have seen that, for example, Declan has bought from that person before and all was fine so I will go ahead and bid. Now, I probably won't.

They will be ok Paul until you update ebay app, which i tend not to do for that very reason. Take Stuarts William and Mary halfpenny for instance, a private auction but i can tell that the winning bidder so far has an 803 feedback score ;)

And, oddly, my past auctions that originally completed as 'private' (sorry to those who disapprove), now display in my feedback with full details of coins, bids, etc.????

Just to clarify, I adopted a private profile, not to be deceptive, but more to protect my own exploitation!!!

I've got a couple of 'creative' accounts (driftwood, art, jewellery, etc.), which have endlessly been undermined by copying! Now, I can't complain about this, because whenever I see a good idea, I straight away dive into the feedback to see just how good an idea it really is and, then, of course, I replicate it!

I now go private to prevent such discredible behaviour distastefully bouncing back against my own darn decent self...guess it just stuck and became standard practice! ;)

I suspect that eBay will lose sales because of the change to feedback. If I find an eBay item listed by a user that I haven't bought from before, I look at their feedback first. Previously, I might have seen that, for example, Declan has bought from that person before and all was fine so I will go ahead and bid. Now, I probably won't.

I used to do that! We should find a way of leaving clues in feedback, so that we can all visit and get an idea of past satisfaction from respected members...a bit like leaving a notch on the gate post, or a sign to the next camp! :)

They are masked for me (using Chrome)

This is what i was meaning. I just checked a random selles FB using the ipad and i can still see the full username who left feedback

I used to do that! We should find a way of leaving clues in feedback, so that we can all visit and get an idea of past satisfaction from respected members...a bit like leaving a notch on the gate post, or a sign to the next camp! :)

As i said previously, name the buyer in your FB, there is no rules against that (yet) i don't think

I know Lucido is a successful ebay seller, liked by many, but how on earth did he get over £40 for this???? (assuming it's a genuine sale and not 'something else')!

link

As i said previously, name the buyer in your FB, there is no rules against that (yet) i don't think

I will be doing that, good idea Dave :)

I know Lucido is a successful ebay seller, liked by many, but how on earth did he get over £40 for this???? (assuming it's a genuine sale and not 'something else')!

link

I believe it is quite a difficult date.

ef plus a smidgen in my view though.

link

It's the completists that do it!

They'll have a decent run of lustrous G-V pennies, and their 1915 will be lagging behind all the others. When there's a gap to fill, book values go out of the window. Having said that, Coin Yearbook 2014 says £80 in UNC for this coin, so grade overestimation will play a part too. Shiny must equal UNC. :rolleyes:

link

Interesting that two bidders thought it worth at least £40, including 2***8 who'd chased it all the way from £10. The underbidder dropped out at £25 which I'd have said was its absolute maximum value.

It's the completists that do it!

They'll have a decent run of lustrous G-V pennies, and their 1915 will be lagging behind all the others. When there's a gap to fill, book values go out of the window. Having said that, Coin Yearbook 2014 says £80 in UNC for this coin, so grade overestimation will play a part too. Shiny must equal UNC. :rolleyes:

Too true. I'd certainly also place the obverse at only EF