British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Didn't the Nazis flood the UK with counterfeits to destabilise the economy????

I was aware of the white fivers but the coins are new to me.

I think it may have been planned but never happened. Anyway I think the Nazis would have made a better job of it, I mean its under weight by about a third and has a milled edge. Only a fool would have been fooled by that one.

I think it may have been planned but never happened. Anyway I think the Nazis would have made a better job of it, I mean its under weight by about a third and has a milled edge. Only a fool would have been fooled by that one.

Chinese?

The same fools who were taken in by an elaborate bluff that Calais would be the main focus of invasion on D Day?

But I take your point. How would fake crowns destabilise the economy? 3/4 of a million 1935 crowns as against getting on for half a billion halfcrowns in circulation? No, the fake fiver was the real deal.

The same fools who were taken in by an elaborate bluff that Calais would be the main focus of invasion on D Day?

But I take your point. How would fake crowns destabilise the economy? 3/4 of a million 1935 crowns as against getting on for half a billion halfcrowns in circulation? No, the fake fiver was the real deal.

Weren't the white fivers to be dropped by aeroplane. 3/4 million 1935 crowns would chip a few roof tiles.....where's me tin hat.

Anyone noticed the new ebay Feedback yet? Ist like the bidding System where you only see 2 partial Initials.

Weren't the white fivers to be dropped by aeroplane. 3/4 million 1935 crowns would chip a few roof tiles.....where's me tin hat.

:lol::lol:

Anyone noticed the new ebay Feedback yet? Ist like the bidding System where you only see 2 partial Initials.

Yep. I'm not happy about it at all. This will merely serve to encourage more shill bidding.

I've also noticed that, what were formerly private listing feedbacks, are now viewable!

Yep. I'm not happy about it at all. This will merely serve to encourage more shill bidding.

Which secretly serves eBay just fine!

Which secretly serves eBay just fine!

It's another nail in their coffin. Not being able to relate feedback to genuine buyers/sellers means that it serves no purpose and might as well not be there. All buyers and sellers should just stop leaving feedback - eBay will get the message soon enough.

Edited by Nick

Its a bloody joke and as Clive said, it will only serve to encourage shill bidding which looks like what ebay wants to increase their revenue. Greedy bar stewards. As you also said Nick, its pointless leaving FB at all now, although i always wait until its been left for me and have a small List to leave FB for, but seriously, whats the point now, what are ebay playing at?

With Ebay there has never been a better time to block PITA buyers and ignore "selected" sellers.

PITA buyers?

Ahhhhh...... Sellers can also name the buyer in the FB, am sure that will piss ebay off but i assume its legit

Ahhhhh...... Sellers can also name the buyer in the FB, am sure that will piss ebay off but i assume its legit

They are bound to have a rule forbidding it (and if they don't, they soon will).

So, is that the end of private feedback?

Edit: Sorry, I meant private listings?

Edited by Coinery

Let's hope so, but somehow I doubt it.

Don't think so. Just found some private listings that started today.

Don't think so. Just found some private listings that started today.

I doubt it either because they get revenue for a private listing, but if sellers are savvy enough they'd now realise that they don't now need to do a private listing which would in Turn reduction ebays revenue, so when they (ebay) start to notice that they might change the FB system yet again

1922 REV of 27 here on the bay 331057280575