British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Hopefully the money raised from this will go towards a literacy course. link

:D

All that he is selling are links to coin websites???

I know loads of good sites including predecimal+forum maybe I should sell links? :)

Now we're on the subject of ebay - has anyone ever had a seller forget to put the best coin of a lot in the post with the others before? :(

Hmmm it seems like they will make coin sets of anything nowadays.

Way below Fine.

I would expect about 50% hairlines..

Coins of that grade I wouldn't even bother with as fillers :o

Bet he wouldn't pay even half book price for the grades claimed, even if he wanted one.

Finished with no bids - someone missed a bargain there - if they are short of a couple of brain cells! :D

How about this then. "Unique because it has been officially marked for cutting into halfpennies and farthings"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HENRY-III-UNIQUE-L-K...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Geordie582

Finished with no bids - someone missed a bargain there - if they are short of a couple of brain cells! :D

How about this then. "Unique because it has been officially marked for cutting into halfpennies and farthings"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HENRY-III-UNIQUE-L-K...1QQcmdZViewItem

Don't understand given the other info provided how the "officially marked" phrase slipped in. :unsure:

By “officially marked†does the seller mean the scratches along the centre of the reverse? :blink:

I'd argue with 3b as well. Note the pellets outside the hair curls. The scratches in the long cross reverse are just someone wishing to produce a halfpenny (as normal practice) and changed their mind. Probably found a halfpenny in his change before he had made the cut. The pellet in the legend is, in fact short of another, as it was usually a colon in that position. "Unique"?. I very much doubt it. I'd guess it's just as available as other Henry III long cross pennies> B)

Edited by Geordie582

The description for this auction,makes me laugh.Not exactly a great pic,but good enough to see what sort of state,the coin in question is.

Link

Slightly worn ? :lol:

Thats some balancing act! :D

Check this out:

1920 Great Britain One Penny [Rare Quality]

"Sharp Clear Date

Amazingly Low Overall Wear, a Rare Quality for a coin this age"

Link to eBay 1920 Rare Quality Penny

:lol:

Edited by Hussulo

Thats some balancing act! :D

Check this out:

1920 Great Britain One Penny [Rare Quality]

"Sharp Clear Date

Amazingly Low Overall Wear, a Rare Quality for a coin this age"

Link to eBay 1920 Rare Quality Penny

:lol:

Dang! That is pretty rare in that condition. :D

Never mind! You can save on the postage if you buy a couple!

Do you have a spare £850?

Clicky

Decimal point problem I think. £0.85

Teg

Teg, The coin you linked to in your post is being sold by Michael Freeman, so it must have more value than you or I expect! <gggg>.

Bob C.

Do you have a spare £850?

Clicky

Decimal point problem I think. £0.85

Teg

Teg, The coin you linked to in your post is being sold by Michael Freeman, so it must have more value than you or I expect! <gggg>.

Bob C.

Thank You Bob, I was just going to make note of that fact, and I see that you beat me too it......

Honestly though, I' not really sure that I see it....... It's a POOR specimen....