British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

I love the way eBay says "Bidding has ended on this item." when it never even started!

Interesting enough coin, but I'm not so sure about the big jump in the bidding. And the seller's ID is somehow familiar ...

post-129-0-66006300-1377165791_thumb.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHARLES-SILVER-SHILLING-BRIOTS-BUST-/360722536133

Calm down Dave ...

Oh, and if anyone did want one (the neater cross ends reverse (Sharp G1/1) is scarcer than the regular issue, the triangle/anchor overmark interesting, though not the clearest I've seen and it has some decent details) the current price if between £70-£80 seems about right. Wouldn't go much higher than that myself ...

Edited by TomGoodheart

Richard

I do like the coin it is pleasing.

I won't be looking for rare MM just a nice example.

Anyone want a shatter? :lol: The joy of phonetic spelling. Here's the link.

2hdpi4g.jpg

Interesting enough coin, but I'm not so sure about the big jump in the bidding. And the seller's ID is somehow familiar ...

attachicon.gifG1_1 £ ebay Aug 13 - Copy.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHARLES-SILVER-SHILLING-BRIOTS-BUST-/360722536133

Calm down Dave ...

Oh, and if anyone did want one (the neater cross ends reverse (Sharp G1/1) is scarcer than the regular issue, the triangle/anchor overmark interesting, though not the clearest I've seen and it has some decent details) the current price if between £70-£80 seems about right. Wouldn't go much higher than that myself ...

Aye thats Mr and Mrs Platt. Been watching it myself

2hdpi4g.jpg

"Not sure if the piercing has gone all of the way through, I haven't tried it yet" ??????? :lol:

Edit: oh I see, it's been drilled from both sides but the craftsman couldn't align the holes! :)

Edited by Coinery

2hdpi4g.jpg

"Not sure if the piercing has gone all of the way through, I haven't tried it yet" ??????? :lol:

Edit: oh I see, it's been drilled from both sides but the craftsman couldn't align the holes! :)

;)

Shatter???

Ah, he means a Ski Hat!

Don't know why he didn't say that in the first place.

:P

Edited by TomGoodheart

"HAND POLISHED, BY SPECIAL COIN HANDLERS" :wacko:link

Good one, there will be no bids no doubt, graded AU50 on the new SexySilver Scale of 0 - 10000!

Good one, there will be no bids no doubt, graded AU50 on the new SexySilver Scale of 0 - 10000!

And what about the potage rate only 49.99!!!!

On a more serious note I have noticed a trend from US sellers to ramp up the postage. I get the impression this is to put off foriegn buyers by charging Fedex/DHL postage prices because they think all us foriegners are a bunch of scammers.

That has to be the poorest fake NGC slab I've ever seen!

:lol:

That has to be the poorest fake NGC slab I've ever seen!

:lol:

Tom, It is also Bronze...not Copper! Ha,Ha! The holder does not seal, and is just a commercial holder sold everywhere.

Meh. Personally I wouldn't pay that much for soup

A question from an ebayer

The silver coin is worth $23.00 by itself. Why are the bids so low?

A: If i had a Crystal Ball i'd be able to tell you.

Does that sound cheeky because he still has'nt bid yet

A question from an ebayer

The silver coin is worth $23.00 by itself. Why are the bids so low?

A: If i had a Crystal Ball i'd be able to tell you.

Does that sound cheeky because he still has'nt bid yet

Not to me, but Americans can be a funny lot when it comes to humour Dave. I also think in the US there's more of an obsession with precious metal value so people will bid on that alone, even though they have no interest in a coin as a coin. Maybe he worries it's not silver because nobody else has bid?

Here in the UK I suspect people buy for melt too, but much more a last minute thing, when someone sees they could make a bit on a low-bid item.

Not a mule! Not an A over Escallop! Not a top grade!

A over Bell, regular issue sixpence in regular grade, but big money!

Blencoe always seems to attract top-whack and I'm not sure why... :unsure: Even if they are described accurately.

I did wonder if n***2 was a shill bidder id. Someone with time on their hands can plough through his/her past sales to see if this is a regular bidder throughout past listings. Sorry, don't have the patience.

Blencoe always seems to attract top-whack and I'm not sure why... :unsure: Even if they are described accurately.

I've light-fingered a few away in the past, but certainly something has changed! Blencoe stock and prices have always been an enigma to me, I'd love to know where they do their shopping, to be able to consistently auction £100+ stock!

I wanted their Mary Groat tonight, but it was over a £100 before I'd cooked dinner! :wacko:

I wasn't interested in their A/Bell 'non-mule, non A/escallop' £202.00 sixpence, though! Wow!

I did wonder if n***2 was a shill bidder id. Someone with time on their hands can plough through his/her past sales to see if this is a regular bidder throughout past listings. Sorry, don't have the patience.

I'm wondering, Rob, it's gone crazy for them! Their coins are hitting top dollar, well before auction finish...the Mary Groat with flan-flaw finished at £158 and had been bucked up to over a £100 before early evening! £202.00 for that 6d is good work!

He desn't even accept paypal from UK addresses

He desn't even accept paypal from UK addresses

That's sensible policy irrespective of any seller's honesty credentials. Until they provide protection against fraud for both buyer and seller in equal measure, no sane seller would want to risk accepting paypal given the failsafe facility for the buyer to recover their outlay irrespective of circumstances. Paypal is not a level playing field and as part of eBay relies on sufficient sellers being desperate to raise something, however little, from their surplus/redundant possessions.