British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Don't you love Ebay :rolleyes: ...luverly obverse...all the nicks and scratches have worn off.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1891-BRITISH-PENNY-R...1QQcmdZViewItem

Not to mention part of the date... It's a Veiled Head.. has to be between 1895 and 1901... UNLESS it's a VERY RARE AND UNDISCOVERED PATTERN!!!!!

I despair. Here we have a very rare French arms at date 1787 shilling. As you can see, the French harp is very clear.

Along with the Irish rose and the Scottish leek. :ph34r:

For those of you who all along suspected that we American collectors value British coins too highly...come to think of it I don't believe that there were any British pennies struck in 1957. I wonder what he's selling?

1957 Penny

Edited by Coppers

I am always puzzled by these ridiculous adverts. What do they get out of it? (Unless it's some 5 year old on dads computer) :huh:

Edited by Geordie582

Seems someone doesn't agree with you! £430 - I hope it is genuine! :unsure:

I don't know about anything else, but he/she desperately needs to see an optician! :huh:

This poor bugger is going to end up paying £54 x 2 plus for obvious Chinese copies.

Still ...I'm all right jack..Ebay needs policing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1886-CC-The-coin-tha...1QQcmdZViewItem

I agree. We may have a good laugh from ebay, (and I get the odd bargain!) BUT the people who get fleeced will be starter or junior collectors and this does no good to the hobby. :angry:

WOW!!!!!!! What a rarity! A 1941 Charles II shilling

That surely MUST be unique - especially with the portrait of George II on it......... (where did the crying smiley go..?)

And a "Power Seller" too! :(

Guest Guest

I know to us in the UK it looks a bit stupid, even a rip-off, but bare in mind to someone outside the UK how else do you get hold of one and how much would you pay. I don't know how much an uncirculated set cost for RM but I bet you are pay way over face for each coin.

That surely MUST be unique - especially with the portrait of George II on it......... (where did the crying smiley go..?)

True - and now it's relisted it's going to sell, but sometimes people just do themselves no favours at all with their listings. Very odd as surely it has an impact on the final price.. :huh:

Still at it (burdale2) it would appear. Lucky anglo1948 to have such a devoted 'fan'.

It's the uninformed selling to the ignorant....

see this ebay listing..... Item number: 300061214231

http://cgi.ebay.com/VICTORIA-ONE-PENNY-MOD...1QQcmdZViewItem

If this person is an honest seller - as I'm sure he is; I feel compelled to offer a degree of sympathy for someone who is clearly sitting on a not inconsiderable capital loss having spent just under $1250 on it. :unsure: I will send the men in white coats round as soon as possible :lol: