British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

OK! Anyone any idea what this is about? The coin has had 2 bidders, both from the same person and both for 0.01p! I don't think that will push up the bidding by much <_<

It just means he has put in a bid at a certain price, so the high bid is the opening price and then put in a higher maximum bid than he entered previously. Because you don't outbid yourself using ebay, the price remains at 1p, this being the start price.

Well just to show people will buy anything, here's a rather fetching Westair Reproduction Commonwealth shilling that went for an eyewatering £180. Pewter obviously has more appeal than it used to!

300th post!

Very odd! I know the current bidder and am surprised he'd be interested. I know it's a few quid in Spink even in F, but even so. Perhaps he's switched to collecting date runs...

AArgh!!! What's the point of getting a graded slab if you then try to sell it as undergraded!!! PCGS too - just goes to show, stick to slabbing the moderns, guys!

Edited by TomGoodheart

AArgh!!! What's the point of getting a graded slab if you then try to sell it as undergraded!!! PCGS too - just goes to show, stick to slabbing the moderns, guys!

Personally, I would have expected good hair detail on an EF or nearly so - yet another example of a seller hyping up a lower grade coin. Good value at $56 though. The slab grade doesn't look too far adrift for once.

Looks like a lot of people were sensibly suspicious of this being a proof. Methinks someone might have an unpleasant shock when they come to recoup their "investment" costs.

Guest Guest

Rob

Not being a shilling or Proof collector what is exactly your point?

That was me Doh.

When I saw this 1962 penny there were only a few minutes left to bid. Wow, what a bargain.

Rob

Not being a shilling or Proof collector what is exactly your point?

It's not a proof. Look at the rims.

Nah.. no pics a basic listing is going to be 50p or so. He only has to sell one to be laughing all the way to the bank (or jail if I had my way!)

Does this guy work for a US grading company in his spare time? 1690 4d

Everything he sells looks 'brasso'd' ........ sad.

see the photographs - which is a 1790 George III Shilling

Maybe I'm tired but... I just can't see it! But as for sh1t? Right on.

Edited by TomGoodheart