British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Hurry, hurry…. 105 sold, only one left! I wonder how much the trays are?

He must be on crack cocaine if he thinks he's sold 105 of those at that price....... NUMPTY.

How does he fiddle the stats to say this many have been sold at that price?

There has to be a flaw somewhere within ebay. Although looking at his negatives i would' bother purchasing anything from the seller even if he had something i wanted. A bit like the coin seller centiles, he has something now and again but you just can't Trust it

When I view the page it doesn't say that 105 have been sold at that price. It merely says that 105 have been sold with that listing, at whatever price he had them listed as earlier.

He must be on crack cocaine if he thinks he's sold 105 of those at that price....... NUMPTY.

There has to be a flaw somewhere within ebay. Although looking at his negatives i would' bother purchasing anything from the seller even if he had something i wanted. A bit like the coin seller centiles, he has something now and again but you just can't Trust it

He no longer ships to the UK so that save's us a lot of hassle

There's no fiddling of stats, if you click the 105 sold http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&_trksid=p2047675.l2564&rt=nc&item=270908645225 it shows you who bought them and they bought them at £17.99. Like HC said above, he just changed his price either to save fees or to hold the listing until he stocks up etc, so there are still 105 sold, but all at £17.99 and £16.99, and 0 sold at the new price of £1799.00

Edited by just.me

There's no fiddling of stats, if you click the 105 sold http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&_trksid=p2047675.l2564&rt=nc&item=270908645225 it shows you who bought them and they bought them at £17.99. Like HC said above, he just changed his price either to save fees or to hold the listing until he stocks up etc, so there are still 105 sold, but all at £17.99 and £16.99, and 0 sold at the new price of £1799.00

Thankfully, otherwise I'd expect the case to come fully furnished with some lovely Saxon pennies. ;)

A penny cabinet without a thermostat? :o No way. I'm not scraping ice off my 1933 on a winter morning...

It's an example of why you don't rely on eBay's 'quick sell' listing form... :rolleyes:

A penny cabinet without a thermostat? :o No way. I'm not scraping ice off my 1933 on a winter morning...

Sadly, having often search on the keyword "penny" and seen these and similar kitchen appliances appear, I know the seller can't spell! The brand is actually "Henny Penny". Anyone remember "Chicken Licken" and the sky falling in?

Still don't understand why anyone would list a fridge in the coins section though. It's taking lateral thinking a bit too far to my mind.

For the record, my fridge is called Steve (Beko).

Sadly, having often search on the keyword "penny" and seen these and similar kitchen appliances appear, I know the seller can't spell! The brand is actually "Henny Penny". Anyone remember "Chicken Licken" and the sky falling in?

Ah yes - Cockie Lockie, Foxy Loxy, and all that gang!

Still don't understand why anyone would list a fridge in the coins section though. It's taking lateral thinking a bit too far to my mind.

It's what I referred to earlier, the 'quick sell' listing form that eBay offers suggests categories for the listing and so the seller clearly hasn't read it and just taken eBay's suggestion as gospel.

It's what I referred to earlier, the 'quick sell' listing form that eBay offers suggests categories for the listing and so the seller clearly hasn't read it and just taken eBay's suggestion as gospel.

Never used it, so don't know.

Wery honist nise coint :blink:

Oops. All of these seller's coins look acceptable enough. However most bear absolutely to relation to the description!

I did email and ask if maybe the information for each coin had maybe gotten mixed up.

And what this "1560 Tudor sixpence" has to do with gentleman's bracelets (which is where it's listed!) I have no idea!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/coin-British-early-tudor-6-pence-1560-in-very-high-grade-/251439436124?pt=UK_Jewellery_MensJewellery_MensBracelets_GL&hash=item3a8af5515c

In fact I did suggest that if they were unsure they should visit here and we'd ID their coins for them!

Edited by TomGoodheart