British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Obverse isn't even EF, reverse is better though.

Cleaned/dipped perhaps also

I wouldn't grade either side as EF, tons of wear in the centre of the reverse ...

The centre of the reverse is quite often weak on this design. Here's a high grade example with similar weakness.

Obverse isn't even EF, reverse is better though.

Cleaned/dipped perhaps also

I wouldn't grade either side as EF, tons of wear in the centre of the reverse ...

The centre of the reverse is quite often weak on this design. Here's a high grade example with similar weakness.

Agreed, with this series you often get a super strong obverse and on most minty examples the reverse has weakness, this is purely in the strike not wear!!

It doesn't looked dipped.I quite like the tone.

I wouldn't pay Spinks EF £424 (considering VF is £85)

On the other hand, while I wouldn't pay £424 either, there is a phenomenal difference in scarcity between VF (or sub-EF) examples, and genuine EF or better.

My own example (MUST upgrade!) is definitely sub-EF :

post-4737-0-60904400-1381348625_thumb.jp

Edited by Peckris

Reverse :

post-4737-0-74011200-1381348675_thumb.jp

On the other hand, while I wouldn't pay £424 either, there is a phenomenal difference in scarcity between VF (or sub-EF) examples, and genuine EF or better.

1836 halfc obv.jpg

Interestingly I have had more high grade block capitals in the last 10 years than high grade script and Spink claims block is rarer!! Just thought I would share that although maybe irrelevant ;-)

1836 halfc obv.jpg

Interestingly I have had more high grade block capitals in the last 10 years than high grade script and Spink claims block is rarer!! Just thought I would share that although maybe irrelevant ;-)

I hope you will be offering high grade block WWs for less than their equivalent in script then Neil? ;):D

attachicon.gif1836 halfc obv.jpg

Nice coin Peck

Looks OK to me for a type collection.

I do like those 6d's :rolleyes::D

Actually I do like this design.I believe I have a couple of low grade examples.

One day I would like to move these on and get a quality 35.

1836 halfc obv.jpg

I hope you will be offering high grade block WWs for less than their equivalent in script then Neil? ;):D

Paulus you never know might do you a really good deal on the next one I get in ;-)

1836 halfc obv.jpg

Paulus you never know might do you a really good deal on the next one I get in ;-)

Didn't mean for that to post twice!!!!

1836 halfc obv.jpg

Keep me in mind, hopefully I will have the readies when the time comes! In selling mode at the mo, but hopefully not for too long and not selling the very best coins from my main focus!

Here's my (script) reverse, would be looking for a similar or better grade in block:

1834_HC_Rev01_CGS_zpsfc8e3ebd.png

1836 halfc obv.jpg

Keep me in mind, hopefully I will have the readies when the time comes! In selling mode at the mo, but hopefully not for too long and not selling the very best coins from my main focus!

Here's my (script) reverse, would be looking for a similar or better grade in block:

That is a very strong reverse is the obverse equally as good??

1836 halfc obv.jpg

Sadly not, perhaps it's virtually impossible to have both, as seems to be the case with some issues! I guess there is only a certain thickness of silver to work with (unless that is a ridiculously ignorant comment?):

1834_HC_Obv01_CGS_zps463728b8.png

Photo shadow on the truncation but it is script!

1836 halfc obv.jpg

Sadly not, perhaps it's virtually impossible to have both, as seems to be the case with some issues! I guess there is only a certain thickness of silver to work with (unless that is a ridiculously ignorant comment?):

1834_HC_Obv01_CGS_zps463728b8.png

Photo shadow on the truncation but it is script!

No not at all, I suspected the obverse may be a little weaker and agree I don't think it Is possible in that series to have a fully struck up obverse and reverse unless it is a proof!! Even so it is still a very nice coin and you have done well to acquire it!!!

Agreed, the REVs of These were always poorly struck. Yours is a nice REV Paul, why are you selling that one?

Agreed, the REVs of These were always poorly struck. Yours is a nice REV Paul, why are you selling that one?

Not selling it, it's a keeper! Posted as a guide for Neil (and anyone else) to look out for a similar block WW to go with my scipt WW, and as an example of a well struck REV!

I am selling my low-mid grade coins (almost everything below VF, can't stand the sight of them any more!), duplicates, and anything that doesn't fit with my ESC type focus ...

Edited by Paulus

Please see photos to judge the quality of this item

:lol:

That's just business. If someone wants the security of a graded and genuine fantasy or reproduction, any or all of the TPGs will probably step up to the plate.

That's just business. If someone wants the security of a graded and genuine fantasy or reproduction, any or all of the TPGs will probably step up to the plate.

I 100% know what you're saying, Rob, but there are just some things in life that you either elect to do, or not do, as the case may be, regardless of the financial rewards! I can think of a couple of totally above-board things I could've done over the years, and could still do, to improve my own financial status, but choose not to live a parasitic life!

Oh, man, these TPGC's have really got me unusually twisted...I need wine! :)

Sorry, more wine! ;)