British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Hah, didn't realise the connotations of using 'moody'! I definitely meant it in the context of 'dark moody storm clouds', as in beautiful (unless you're at sea, of course!), not dissimilar to a great Turner! :)

Ah, a man after my own art...

:lol: or a blustery Wuthering Heights night! :)

...sweet Roland rolled in Brie

he had distemper like my jealous eel.... ♫ ♫ ♫ :D

Peck

Are you on the nightnurse again?

I misunderstood. I thought it was coinageofengland that had removed his coin.

This is the coin that disappeared.

How do you copy or save the image on these listings? Right clicking doesn't give copy as an option and I need these images for my records. Thanks.

Which listing do you want the images for? I can extract them and send them to you, if you like.

Edited by Nick

Peck

:lol: ahh, dear! :)

Bring back the 'misheard lyrics' segment of Never Mind The Buzzcocks, I say. :D (Their treatment of Wuthering Heights is on YouTube..)

Peck

:lol: ahh, dear! :)

Bring back the 'misheard lyrics' segment of Never Mind The Buzzcocks, I say. :D (Their treatment of Wuthering Heights is on YouTube..)

I have sung that song from start to finish on many occasions...still can't tell you a single word of it however! I did like Kate, though...very floaty! :D

How do you copy or save the image on these listings? Right clicking doesn't give copy as an option and I need these images for my records. Thanks.

With a little bit of trickery it's easy to override any "Right Click Disabled" coding.

Here's the images for you.

Cromwell1.JPG

Cromwell2.JPG

enhanced-buzz-5155-1380633386-0.jpg

Excellent! :D

With a little bit of trickery it's easy to override any "Right Click Disabled" coding.

Here's the images for you.

Cromwell1.JPG

Cromwell2.JPG

Thanks. A clue how to overcome this problem would be useful as it would free me from relying on someone else.

Thanks. A clue how to overcome this problem would be useful as it would free me from relying on someone else.

Well I'd normally use Chrome's 'View Source' tool but there is an extension you can install with Chrome (the internet browser) called 'Allow Right-Click'. However, on this occasion, I did not need to do either on Chrome or, I checked, Internet Explorer.

Well I'd normally use Chrome's 'View Source' tool but there is an extension you can install with Chrome (the internet browser) called 'Allow Right-Click'. However, on this occasion, I did not need to do either on Chrome or, I checked, Internet Explorer.

I use Chrome also, but in this case I could right click on the images and save to file without any trickery. Worked in IE and Firefox too. Auctiva images are a little more tricky, but you can use "View Page Source" or "Inspect Element" in Chrome to get at the images.

Edited by Nick

And if all else fails you can use the PrtScn button to capture the full screen then crop down to the image(s) in something like Paint.net and save

And if all else fails you can use the PrtScn button to capture the full screen then crop down to the image(s) in something like Paint.net and save

I'm guessing you'd lose a lot of the resolution though, wouldn't you?

Brilliant! :lol:

If it's an image that's on your computer display and not intended for anything else (i.e. not for printing or anything), you'd lose no resolution at all. It remains at 72ppi however many times you screen-print it. (Assuming that Windows PrtScn doesn't inherently lose quality - the Mac equivalent doesn't).

I use Chrome also, but in this case I could right click on the images and save to file without any trickery. Worked in IE and Firefox too. Auctiva images are a little more tricky, but you can use "View Page Source" or "Inspect Element" in Chrome to get at the images.

In Safari's 'Show Web Inspector' command, and clicking on 'Resources', I found this :

$(KGrHqF,!ncFI+EeibZWBSSqBzGbq!~~60_12.JPG

and when I clicked on it (it was in blue) it brought up the image which I was then able to drag to my desktop.

Edited by Peckris

Yes, but it's better than nothing.

In which case, a neat little backdoor trick, Paulus! ;)

I misunderstood. I thought it was coinageofengland that had removed his coin.

This is the coin that disappeared.

Click the sellers image Rob until it displays in its own screen, then right click and save. Wonder of we'll see that coin again.

Really? That's strange. On Macs you can capture an on-screen image and you lose none of the resolution. (None of the DISPLAYED resolution that is - if the displayed image is 300ppi then yes, you'd lose that, but since the images on eBay are for records only, you wouldn't them any higher than your monitor can display anyway. In other words, 72 or 90 ppi will remain 72 or 90 ppi forever, however many times you capture it with a screenprint.)

Really? That's strange. On Macs you can capture an on-screen image and you lose none of the resolution. (None of the DISPLAYED resolution that is - if the displayed image is 300ppi then yes, you'd lose that, but since the images on eBay are for records only, you wouldn't them any higher than your monitor can display anyway. In other words, 72 or 90 ppi will remain 72 or 90 ppi forever, however many times you capture it with a screenprint.)

It'll lose significant quality if saved as a JPG. A PNG would be far better in terms if quality if you're still looking for a small/compressed file.

It is input resolution that is potentially lost, not output resolution (which is by definition fixed by the display). As an example, if you have an image that is four times the width and height of your screen (in pixels) then to display it full screen, only 1/16 of the total pixels are used to generate that image. A screenshot will therefore lose 15/16ths of the available data - therefore resolution has been lost.

It is input resolution that is potentially lost, not output resolution (which is by definition fixed by the display). As an example, if you have an image that is four times the width and height of your screen (in pixels) then to display it full screen, only 1/16 of the total pixels are used to generate that image. A screenshot will therefore lose 15/16ths of the available data - therefore resolution has been lost.

That's exactly what I was saying. But eBay images don't come into that category, except maybe Auctiva full size enlargements, but those might not be download-prohibited anyway? Of course, I'm talking about full size desktop computer monitors here, not iPhones and the like.