British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

The incredibly-rare Henry VII groat of Calais mint sold by a country cottage!! I never thought I'd see one of these in my lifetime. :o:o:o

Azda might have some opinions!
He's taken it off

Perhaps he read our posts. Fear not, Dave, you can still win it here.

Predecimal Advisory Service tooooo the rescue! We're happening! I'm guessing there'll be a bottle of wine in the post for us all? :)

A vintage Nuits-Saint-Georges or a nice bottle of Arran single malt will suffice. ;)

0***y with a 2567 Feedback is winning so far. Still would'nt Touch his auctions with a barge pole. He does read our posts Clive, probably once a day, definately once a week

The incredibly-rare Henry VII groat of Calais mint sold by a country cottage!! I never thought I'd see one of these in my lifetime. :o:o:o

Azda might have some opinions!
He's taken it off

Perhaps he read our posts. Fear not, Dave, you can still win it here.

Predecimal Advisory Service tooooo the rescue! We're happening! I'm guessing there'll be a bottle of wine in the post for us all? :)

A vintage Nuits-Saint-Georges or a nice bottle of Arran single malt will suffice. ;)

He could afford something better than that with the amount he's ripped people off with. Aim much higher boys

1919KN Penny for sale here 130992762457

Haven't we seen this one before?

A Partially naked picture of a man in a mankini. Plus mankini included

Edited by TomGoodheart

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." :D What, you mean the mankini WASN'T included after all? :lol:

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." :D What, you mean the mankini WASN'T included after all? :lol:

Perhaps a lesson in keeping your ebay details secret, especially from the wife. ;)

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." :lol:

Perhaps there was a stain in it somewhere

Euwww!

Aethelred II coin - "the reverse of coin has what looks like a shield to the centre with god save the king or god save our king there is more writing around it and maybe horses or lions to the sides"

"was dug up when digging a trench near Gloucester where I believe the king visited

I have had the suggestion this coin has something to do with the fact he married that year but who knows"
It's amazing what happens when you're 900 years out...

Aethelred II coin - "the reverse of coin has what looks like a shield to the centre with god save the king or god save our king there is more writing around it and maybe horses or lions to the sides"

"was dug up when digging a trench near Gloucester where I believe the king visited

I have had the suggestion this coin has something to do with the fact he married that year but who knows"

It's amazing what happens when you're 900 years out...

Seen and heard it all now! On the phone, so what is it? I'm guessing 1(9)02 E7 empire coin, or medal/commemorative????

Seen and heard it all now! On the phone, so what is it? I'm guessing 1(9)02 E7 empire coin, or medal/commemorative????

Indeed. It's some form of commemorative Edward VII issue, most likely a medalet.

This is allegedly a proof

Nice date,shame about the face. :)

So i'm a member of a metal detecting Group on Facebook and this coin used to belong to one of the members before he sold it (through ebay) to the now seller, here's what he had to say about the coin

fuming! that con man scratched out lines on his beard to the right of his face and then did fag ash trick he also cleaned the black stuff off it! I feel angry that I didn't clean it! also he is deceiving as there was 100% no beard visible at all on right side you can see close up the lines hes drawn in don't look the same on tge left side of his face! £46 the conning bastard!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hammered-Silver-Coin-Henry-VIII-8th-Groat-/321212570382

So if any of you lot bought it, you know what to do

So i'm a member of a metal detecting Group on Facebook and this coin used to belong to one of the members before he sold it (through ebay) to the now seller, here's what he had to say about the coin

fuming! that con man scratched out lines on his beard to the right of his face and then did fag ash trick he also cleaned the black stuff off it! I feel angry that I didn't clean it! also he is deceiving as there was 100% no beard visible at all on right side you can see close up the lines hes drawn in don't look the same on tge left side of his face! £46 the conning bastard!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hammered-Silver-Coin-Henry-VIII-8th-Groat-/321212570382

How many pies do you have your fingers in? :)

Even my phone, which doesn't download the full resolution in my current inhabitance, can easily highlight a serious bit O tooling!

Its just a wee sideline hobby Stuart

Edited by azda

:lol: What a cheek. Drawing in Henry's beard and flogging it on for a profit. Do you have the original item number, Dave?