British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Woof woof lol :D

its just dog eat dog out there,.....

I see sneakbay are now going to charge 10% on your postage fee, not normally charged. So either free shipping will be incorporated into a BIN or 10% will be added onto postage. Ebay, greedy Bar stewards, the Charge 3.5% on the total amount through paypal, so effectively screwing you twice

I see sneakbay are now going to charge 10% on your postage fee, not normally charged. So either free shipping will be incorporated into a BIN or 10% will be added onto postage. Ebay, greedy Bar stewards, the Charge 3.5% on the total amount through paypal, so effectively screwing you twice

Which will of course decrease their business, so they will put up the costs to customers again and decrease their business further until it goes pop. Bring it on!

Which will of course decrease their business, so they will put up the costs to customers again and decrease their business further until it goes pop. Bring it on!

Sadly this is unlikely as there are enough idiots out there who will not recognise they are overpaying because sellers will have to incorporate their charges in the listing price. If more people realised there is another planet (called earth) apart from ebay, more people could have more things for the same outlay. The number of people who only go to eBay when buying must be quite significant.

Outrageous! Of course we know why they're doing it! To catch those who sell an item for 99p and then charge £10 postage!

They had a go at 'solving' that problem with books, where your postage charge was pre-determined by eBay (which was always £'s under the actual postage cost), forcing you to add the extra to the price of the book...effectively the end for a lot of booksellers who were previously happy with £3 for their books, provided the postage was covered by the buyer!

They have got so greedy, they can't surely maintain it for long?

It might be better, if they did want to be extra greedy, to perhaps charge 10% on postage that's over and above the price of 'real' postal charges so, a recorded large-letter in the UK attracts a 10% fee on anything above £2 + a reasonable packaging cost?

Bastards!

Somehow this sounds like a threat, as it's not fact...

you WILL NOT find a better Henry II Tealby Hammered penny

From the same seller who has a listing stating: "also do not levee bad feedback until you have contacted me fist" :lol:

From the same seller who has a listing stating: "also do not levee bad feedback until you have contacted me fist" :lol:

That's hilarious, probably a BNTA member I should imagine :lol:

There are only two rules about Fight Club...

:lol: Either that or an angry Scotsman.

But we're not allowed to say because we can't talk about it :D

Think i've been ripped by an ebayer claiming her account was hacked. She bought a Gold half Sov from me, paid straight away and asked if i could Post straight away which i Duly did. Then ebay email next Day with the notice telling me not to ship (which i already had)

PP then take the money back out of my account and ebay Tell me to get a Crime number, they were as much use as an Ashtray on a Motorbike, what gets on my nipple ends is that there seems to be NO Protection for sellers at all on ebay. I emailed the ebayer in question, she claims her account was hacked and that she does'nt own a PP account and pays everything with debit Card, but in Order to pay with debit card you need a PP account.

Her name has since changed in the last 3-4 days since her purchase to kellyt1992 that name corresponds with the purchasers name and the Name in PP, yet ebay cannot See all this information and just take her side. Its a joke.

Edited by azda

It's not impossible that the kellyt1992 account was hacked. Someone spent around £5000 on that a/c between 12.13 on 2nd and 12 40 on the 3rd September, mostly very high end goods. It's also not impossible that around 60 other sellers have been had over by a chancer.

I'm just wondering what eBay is going to do about it as they (as usual to Stellers) were not very helpful

I'm just wondering what eBay is going to do about it as they (as usual to Stellers) were not very helpful

How have you communicated with eBay? I've always found that by phone is the easiest way to get my point across. Assertively, of course... :rolleyes:

£5000 in 24 hours! Has to be a hack, surely...

Or a brazen criminal.

How have you communicated with eBay? I've always found that by phone is the easiest way to get my point across. Assertively, of course... :rolleyes:

It was by phone Clive, strange things have been Happening though, cash is back in the PP account, account holders name has changed yet i can still see this Kelly T on the PP item details. But Hold the fort, i thought things were all rosey, but nope. Bought a lot in auction 2 weeks ago, in total 73 proof coins, 63 of them were piedfort 50ps, a Rather small packet arrives today (bear in mind these were all in the original cases) and 57 of them were not there :( how the hell is that possible?

It was by phone Clive, strange things have been Happening though, cash is back in the PP account, account holders name has changed yet i can still see this Kelly T on the PP item details. But Hold the fort, i thought things were all rosey, but nope. Bought a lot in auction 2 weeks ago, in total 73 proof coins, 63 of them were piedfort 50ps, a Rather small packet arrives today (bear in mind these were all in the original cases) and 57 of them were not there :(how the hell is that possible?

I have no idea, but the shoe is now on the other foot : you're the BUYER so eBay should now fall over themselves to make sure you don't suffer.