British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Moving away from Dave's arse for a second (not quite sure how that started!), this guy has had some high grade coins for sale today, some of which received no bids at all. This might be in part down to his 'Item condition' statement ("used with wear") which is at variance with his item description ("probably unc")!

Here's an example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1887-QUEEN-VICTORIA-HALF-CROWN-2-6d-SILVER-925-COIN-0300-/230918677651?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=lwoW94bIzNFaHgBs%252BW1cUSuae4I%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

although his starting price in this case was way too high

I have also made mistakes in my eBay listings (assuming this was a mistake) listing a 'similar item' and failing to change all the description fields from the previous ones, then finding I can't correct my error after a bid has been placed ... has anyone come a major cropper in the same scenario?

Way too high indeed! (EF only). The odd thing is how he arrived at such a non-standard opening bid? His buying price plus eBay fees and commission?

The odd thing is how he arrived at such a non-standard opening bid?

I didn't notice if he was on ebay.uk or ebay.com, but the price works out to $120.00

Dave you worry me.

I always thought you were a nice Scottie who liked his tummy rubbed. A big hairy Jock with a Kilt and Bollocks as big as an Aberdeen Angus spoils it. :unsure:

Peter you're not supposed to think about it to long :)

Moving away from Dave's arse for a second (not quite sure how that started!), this guy has had some high grade coins for sale today, some of which received no bids at all. This might be in part down to his 'Item condition' statement ("used with wear") which is at variance with his item description ("probably unc")!

Here's an example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1887-QUEEN-VICTORIA-HALF-CROWN-2-6d-SILVER-925-COIN-0300-/230918677651?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=lwoW94bIzNFaHgBs%252BW1cUSuae4I%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I have also made mistakes in my eBay listings (assuming this was a mistake) listing a 'similar item' and failing to change all the description fields from the previous ones, then finding I can't correct my error after a bid has been placed ... has anyone come a major cropper in the same scenario?

Paulus that is whizzed,cleaned,dipped. :o

Here's an example:

Paulus that is whizzed,cleaned,dipped. :o

Certainly looks like it, maybe that's another reason it didn't sell!!! :D

Message sent...

Uncle Bucks grading is seriously getting worse, or else he's paying to much for his coins

Yes that's ridiculous, GF/NVF?

I think you've rather underestimated it. I'd say minimum VF (the reverse a bit better). But yes, still overgraded.

A business shiller...sorry seller :huh: and one of MP's buddies.

What a complete TW*T

A grade for that would be poor/fair

What a complete TW*T

"Surrey*Coins" is Richard Parker. He also has another eBay ID..."Richparfishing"!

That's complete and utter bo***cks. Virtually flat or better would be more appropriate.

I assume Virtually Flat was deliberate Rob? :D

What a complete TW*T

What makes it worse is that he obviously knows the grading of VF is utter tripe.

"Surrey*Coins" is Richard Parker. He also has another eBay ID..."Richparfishing"!

Didn't know that, Bob. Thanks. I bought some shillings from "Richparfishing" in 2009, and wasn't that happy with one of them when they arrived.

Message sent...

Uncle Bucks grading is seriously getting worse, or else he's paying to much for his coins

Yes that's ridiculous, GF/NVF?

I think you've rather underestimated it. I'd say minimum VF (the reverse a bit better). But yes, still overgraded.

I concur with Peck

What a complete TW*T

What makes it worse is that he obviously knows the grading of VF is utter tripe.

Didn't know that, Bob. Thanks. I bought some shillings from "Richparfishing" in 2009, and wasn't that happy with one of them when they arrived.

I bought a few things, and sold a few things, to and from Rich. It always has turned out ok.

I hope this seller isn't intending to supply the actual coin pictured. He'd have to break into my vault and steal it first! Google images must be his friend.

I hope this seller isn't intending to supply the actual coin pictured. He'd have to break into my vault and steal it first! Google images must be his friend.

At least he's got one thing right. You wouldn't get one in you change.

Happens to the best of us!

That's my bloody photograph

That's the one thing that eBay are hot on. If you report the seller as using your photograph without permission - they will remove it pretty smartish. After all, it's a breach of your copyright.

Happens to the best of us!

That's my bloody photograph

That's the one thing that eBay are hot on. If you report the seller as using your photograph without permission - they will remove it pretty smartish. After all, it's a breach of your copyright.

The coin you see is not the coin you get.

Ha! I emailed the seller and offered to help him learn to do his own.

No reply yet, of course. I imagine he'd be looking for sarcasm but there wasn't any, really. Well, perhaps a little.

This has gotta be a joke 76 bids, lol, Lucky to get 2 bids