British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Phew, thank God. He's only willing to mail it within the US. That's as good as a minor lottery win for the UK. :)

"You can watch them tone and reage in your collection" - what, you mean, if you haven't got any paint drying? :D

Sad but true. I've bought some really attractively toned examples on the cheap over the years, yet seen bright, lifeless, cleaned etc sell for far more. That is a plus on ebay for people who like antique toned original surfaces, but a bit of a bugger for those who want full lustre.

Not sure that quite works. The sort of people who would dip a nicely toned coin in order to make a few extra coppers are probably the same ones who have an army of cronies putting in dodgy bids on their blast-white apologies for coins!

That Mutha 10p coin scrap box coin can stay over there.

I sometimes despair at the work you put into people like Platt and this numpty *surrey coins* only for people to continually buy from them. I just hope no one here has done or else i'm coming to your door with a pair of nutcrackers, there will be tears :)

I've sold to them in the past. Appeared on e-bay virtually immediately from an address in Cornwall, using my photograph with acute grade inflation (I think from NEF to AU).

Sigh...

I sometimes despair at the work you put into people like Platt and this numpty *surrey coins* only for people to continually buy from them. I just hope no one here has done or else i'm coming to your door with a pair of nutcrackers, there will be tears :)

I've sold to them in the past. Appeared on e-bay virtually immediately from an address in Cornwall, using my photograph with acute grade inflation (I think from NEF to AU).

Sigh...

Even if this guy was a BNTA member, is what he is doing against BNTA code of ethics?

He's not a BNTA member, he's not Even a dealer, he is however a shill bidder (or was) of the highest order and Ripped people for a LOT of money

He's not a BNTA member, he's not Even a dealer, he is however a shill bidder (or was) of the highest order and Ripped people for a LOT of money

I see. Thank you Azda, but let us still pose the question vis a vis BNTA membership and code of ethics.

I see. Thank you Azda, but let us still pose the question vis a vis BNTA membership and code of ethics.

I don't know what their ethic codes are peterkin, you'd maybe have to ask a BNTA member but i don't think there is any on the Forum because all you need to apply is a VAT number apparently

Edited by azda

Even if this guy was a BNTA member, is what he is doing against BNTA code of ethics?

Perhaps I'm just becoming a grumpy old sod and if I'd been asked whether my photo could be used, I would almost certainly have said 'yes'. Disagreeing with somebody else's grading is hardly a heinous crime either (although perhaps not by that much...). It's when a pattern emerges that the red mist comes down, as no doubt Dave will confirm!

At least they are not described as spade guineas. :)

"All exactly the same" - yes, they are equally blurred :D

Our man from Dundee (not Dave) has pulled another beauty out of the hat.

He has got Bootlace well on truly suckered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shilling-Charles-II-1679-UN-BU-Mint-Luster-/370700067934?nma=true&si=ZXtscHMgklN9SD2f3cmiCqImrsI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shilling-Charles-II-1679-UN-BU-Mint-Luster-/370700067934?nma=true&si=ZXtscHMgklN9SD2f3cmiCqImrsI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Good god!!! Has he just sold that cos its ended?

£270 !!!! for a crap 1863 penny - anyone here convinced by either the "slender or open 3" or the "5 below date" ????

:huh:

David

Edited by davidrj

It is a crap 3d worth £5.

Why does the seller or buyer think it is a shilling.

If you look at his feed back he ripping that poor chap.

See his NEF 1711 shilling. :o

£270 !!!! for a crap 1863 penny - anyone here convinced by either the "slender or open 3" or the "5 below date" ????

:huh:

David

Someone was..the buyer who looked like he was shilled.

The description looks like he's using the mk.2 Ayephone (specific to Dundonians). Completely incomprehensible. One gap you could fill is "Charles II was ruled from 1660-1685 by Catherine of Braganza" :)

Edited by Rob

The description looks like he's using the mk.2 Ayephone (specific to Dundonians). Completely incomprehensible. One gap you could fill is "Charles II was ruled from 1660-1685 by Catherine of Braganza" :)

He's the diametric opposite of Dave - his spelling is ok but what he says is incomprehensible! :D

Edited by Peckris

http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2047675.l2557

He's the diametric opposite of Dave - his spelling is ok but what he says is incomprehensible! :D

Thank you ladies :huh: Was just looking through the rest of his junk coins and was wondering what he means in his title description......Take a look and you'll see what i mean

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sixpence-George-III-1817-Silver-0-9250-VF-Tanned-/370695645263?pt=UK_Coins_BritishMilled_RL&hash=item564f2ea84f

Thank you ladies :huh: Was just looking through the rest of his junk coins and was wondering what he means in his title description......Take a look and you'll see what i mean

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sixpence-George-III-1817-Silver-0-9250-VF-Tanned-/370695645263?pt=UK_Coins_BritishMilled_RL&hash=item564f2ea84f

I suspect that he means tanner, but with this seller anything is possible.

I suspect that he means tanner, but with this seller anything is possible.

Not ton(n)ed?

i like his user name "yestotom",

should be more like "fxxkoffyoudick"