British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

FUTURE CURRENCY. SURVIVAL. POST APOCALYPSE. BOOK OF ELI. MAD MAX.

"IT'S STARTED ALREADY, HYPER INFLATION, NATIONAL DEBT, CURRENCIES STARTING TO FAIL. WE'VE ALL SEEN THE MOVIES, POST APOCALYPSE, MONEY, ANY MONEY, WILL BE WORTHLESS. SO AFTER THE PROVERBIAL FAN HAS BEEN WELL AND TRULY HIT WE WILL BE BACK TO THE BARTER SYSTEM, TRADING IN ANYTHING THAT IS OF VALUE TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE. SO WHAT COULD BE SOMETHING THAT THE HUMAN RACE CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT, VITAL TO THE SURVIVAL OF THE SPECIES, EASILY CARRIED IN CONVENIENTLY SMALL INDIVIDUAL SEALED BLUE SACHETS? WHO KNOWS WHAT FUTURE VALUE THESE WILL HAVE?. I HAVE SPENT MANY YEARS BUILDING UP THIS COLLECTION ( APPROXIMATELY 150 IN 1 GRAM SACHETS )OF INFLATION PROOF "FUTURE CURRENCY" FROM ( JUST IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T GUESSED YET ), CERTAIN BAGS OF THINLY SLICED FRIED POTATO SNACKS, NOT FROM "SALT YOUR OWN" OR OTHER GENERIC COPIES, BUT FROM THE ORIGINATORS OF SAID SNACK. SOME OF THE SACHETS ARE INCREDIBLY RARE, YOU KNOW SOMETIMES WHEN YOU OPEN A PACK AND NO MATTER HOW LONG YOU SEARCH THE SACHET IS MISSING, THEN MONTHS LATER THE MISSING ONE TURNS UP IN A DIFFERENT BAG ALONG WITH ANOTHER ONE! I MEAN, HOW LUCKY IS THAT? THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE OF THESE IN THIS COLLECTION, BUT SINCE I DROPPED THEM I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONES THEY ARE NOW, PERHAPS I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT A BIT MORE ABOUT THAT ONE. ANYWAY, SOMETHING HAS CROPPED UP THAT I NEED ORDINARY " MONEY" FOR AND THE PEOPLE AT THE DEALERSHIP DON'T APPEAR TO HAVE THE SAME FORESIGHT REGARDING THE FUTURE VALUE OF THESE AS I DO! SO UNFORTUNATELY I WILL HAVE TO TRADE EARLIER THAN EXPECTED. SO BE PREPARED, GET SOME FUTURE PROOF CURRENCY NOW BEFORE EVERYONE CATCHES ON OR HEAVEN FORBID I'M BOUGHT OUT BY BILLY GATES. ;)"

:lol:

That's just modern crap, the guy's talking out of his bottom. The genuine originals came in a twist of blue wax paper.

Another sad old git who remembers them. :) Those were the days, when salt overload wasn't a requirement for eating crisps. Lets face it, when was the last time you had a choice of salted or unsalted?

"IT'S STARTED ALREADY, HYPER INFLATION, NATIONAL DEBT, CURRENCIES STARTING TO FAIL. WE'VE ALL SEEN THE MOVIES, POST APOCALYPSE, MONEY, ANY MONEY, WILL BE WORTHLESS. SO AFTER THE PROVERBIAL FAN HAS BEEN WELL AND TRULY HIT WE WILL BE BACK TO THE BARTER SYSTEM, TRADING IN ANYTHING THAT IS OF VALUE TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE. SO WHAT COULD BE SOMETHING THAT THE HUMAN RACE CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT, VITAL TO THE SURVIVAL OF THE SPECIES, EASILY CARRIED IN CONVENIENTLY SMALL INDIVIDUAL SEALED BLUE SACHETS? WHO KNOWS WHAT FUTURE VALUE THESE WILL HAVE?. I HAVE SPENT MANY YEARS BUILDING UP THIS COLLECTION ( APPROXIMATELY 150 IN 1 GRAM SACHETS )OF INFLATION PROOF "FUTURE CURRENCY" FROM ( JUST IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T GUESSED YET ), CERTAIN BAGS OF THINLY SLICED FRIED POTATO SNACKS, NOT FROM "SALT YOUR OWN" OR OTHER GENERIC COPIES, BUT FROM THE ORIGINATORS OF SAID SNACK. SOME OF THE SACHETS ARE INCREDIBLY RARE, YOU KNOW SOMETIMES WHEN YOU OPEN A PACK AND NO MATTER HOW LONG YOU SEARCH THE SACHET IS MISSING, THEN MONTHS LATER THE MISSING ONE TURNS UP IN A DIFFERENT BAG ALONG WITH ANOTHER ONE! I MEAN, HOW LUCKY IS THAT? THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE OF THESE IN THIS COLLECTION, BUT SINCE I DROPPED THEM I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONES THEY ARE NOW, PERHAPS I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT A BIT MORE ABOUT THAT ONE. ANYWAY, SOMETHING HAS CROPPED UP THAT I NEED ORDINARY " MONEY" FOR AND THE PEOPLE AT THE DEALERSHIP DON'T APPEAR TO HAVE THE SAME FORESIGHT REGARDING THE FUTURE VALUE OF THESE AS I DO! SO UNFORTUNATELY I WILL HAVE TO TRADE EARLIER THAN EXPECTED. SO BE PREPARED, GET SOME FUTURE PROOF CURRENCY NOW BEFORE EVERYONE CATCHES ON OR HEAVEN FORBID I'M BOUGHT OUT BY BILLY GATES. ;)"

That's just modern crap, the guy's talking out of his bottom. The genuine originals came in a twist of blue wax paper.

Another sad old git who remembers them. :) Those were the days, when salt overload wasn't a requirement for eating crisps. Lets face it, when was the last time you had a choice of salted or unsalted?

These days I think that only applies to butter!

Surprised the Yanks didn't give it Fine and listed it as a shilling.

Actually I have a few NGC/PCGS slabs which I haven't broken out.Maybe one day.

Once they get post MS63 the coins are usually OK A/UNC UNCish.

What I do notice NGC/PCGS are grading brand new coins...FFS go to the bank.

Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

Its like a lottery. Get a proof/mint set and submit in a couple, if any get a "perfect" 70 you get 4-5 times the money than even a 69 will. More than makes up for losses, plus I think you can get bulk rates if you submit enough.

Quite silly that people pay 4-5x the money for a coin lacking just a small nick or scratch that a 69 will have.

These days I think that only applies to butter!

Nuts! :lol:

Do you think this guy has got himself a bargain.

bags of crowns

bags of crowns

Even straight from a mint bag - Churchill crowns seem to be a magnet for contact marks.

bags of crowns

Even straight from a mint bag - Churchill crowns seem to be a magnet for contact marks.

Well, he's sold 3 already, so he's got his money back!!!

:D

Marketing, you're doing it... Well, I can't tell whether this is an incredibly terrible attempt at marketing a crappy coin or a quite good one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Eisenhower-Dollar-U-S-Coin-Hurricane-Sandy-Survivor-/261132076435?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3cccaf4593

Perhaps we need a Hurricane Winnie, to see off some of those Churchill crowns. Though actually, judging from the last few days .. :D

Marketing, you're doing it... Well, I can't tell whether this is an incredibly terrible attempt at marketing a crappy coin or a quite good one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Eisenhower-Dollar-U-S-Coin-Hurricane-Sandy-Survivor-/261132076435?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3cccaf4593

If he's not genuine, it not exactly in the best taste! I'm not sure if the coin would corrode like that after a few days under water... coins have survived shipwrecks for significantly longer in much better condition!

depends, Shipwreck coins are not made of these metals, but i don't think it could be damaged like that in the time either

Edited by scott

It depends on what the coin was in contact with. Looks like rust, and the world isn't short of objects made of mild steel.

It depends on what the coin was in contact with. Looks like rust, and the world isn't short of objects made of mild steel.

What can one say? The man's a survivor.

Wait for the "Salt. Made from the salty Atlantic Ocean waters of Hurricane ..." soon to be appearing on our favourite auction site

91.67% copper, 8.33% nickel

Copper doesnt do that.

dunno how nickel works in water.

Not sure about the Tom Sellick moustache though!

yea that sure is weird. :D

Bristol mint? :)