British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

I have a 2mm 1895.

I must have had my ebay goggles on.The seller had some nice lustred veiled heads for sale.

Thanks chaps...taken as read.Oh the perils of Ebay. :o

The Tide ishould be level with Britannias Hermeline, it was bidded on accordingly though, maybe a Little to high because someone who obviously does'nt know what a 2mm actually looks like, or the seller

Here's one of each for comparison:

Penny1895%20F139%201%20+%20A%20REV%20500x500.jpgPenny1895%20F141%201%20+%20B%20REV%20500x500.jpg

Edited by Accumulator

It's almost possible to comprehend why someone could confuse 'lustre' with 'polished'. Probably only 20 points off an IQ assessment for that. But to describe it as 'uncirculated'.....?

I think the way ahead for when I sell my collection is to slab the whole lot and put into a US action, Slabbed to raw prices look to be about 4 to 1.

I think the way ahead for when I sell my collection is to slab the whole lot and put into a US action, Slabbed to raw prices look to be about 4 to 1.

It is a £25 coin.I wonder where it will end up?

Same kind of shock factor as the Elizabeth slabbed material!

I was going to say shocking but I think...amazing! It means we can sell all our fine-VF stock, and go for a MAJOR upgrade! Thank-you very much, I say! :)

It's almost possible to comprehend why someone could confuse 'lustre' with 'polished'. Probably only 20 points off an IQ assessment for that. But to describe it as 'uncirculated'.....?

...rather than "Worn to f*@!" :lol:

I once won an ebay auction for some nice Victorian lower denomination silver that were beautifully toned to a deep chocolate in the images but when they arrived they were as bright as a piece of new rhodium plate. The lady seller thought I would be upset that they were so dirty and had spent an evening polishing them all for me before despatch! What can you say?

I once won an ebay auction for some nice Victorian lower denomination silver that were beautifully toned to a deep chocolate in the images but when they arrived they were as bright as a piece of new rhodium plate. The lady seller thought I would be upset that they were so dirty and had spent an evening polishing them all for me before despatch! What can you say?

Hire her as your cleaner? (Lock your coins away first :D )

Yes, that crown price and grade is pretty unbelievable, and so is the feedback of 100% !!! I can only think he/she doesn't usually sell coins on eBay but has loads of other kinds of stuff. Unfortunately there is no way to check because if you click any of the "View my other items" links it brings up a window saying there's no items currently in auction or wherever.

And what an earth is "zinc luster"? :blink:

?

He's been flagged on here before... the supposed aEF mint lustre Anne sixpence for £142.99 to be precise!

This sort of thing makes my blood boil... I sold a few bits over the weekend - simply described and reasonably graded, and I struggled to get anything close to what they should be!

I've spotted two of my customers in his feedback list, and one's a really fussy bugger.

Peck

He has plenty on!!!! Have you been picking up virus's from those S&M sites again? ;)

He got £100 more for his Anne 1711 than I did for mine which was correctly described as GF and far superior to his EF+

Peck

He has plenty on!!!! Have you been picking up virus's from those S&M sites again? ;)

He got £100 more for his Anne 1711 than I did for mine which was correctly described as GF and far superior to his EF+

Oops. I clicked the links beneath that crown, instead of the button at the top that says "View my other items". Ok, that brought up all his stuff, but here's the problem: I wanted to find all his Sold items. But...

1. the normal Advanced Search doesn't allow you to put a seller's name in

2. if you do an Advanced Search from his list, the best you can get is a list of Completed listings and the largest timespan you can search on is the Last 15 days. (Which was interesting, in that 4 pages of BINs - 50 per page - only showed 2 sales! so how he pays for his listings is anyone's guess).

How do you get a list of only Sold items for a particular seller? How, for example, did you get to see his Anne 1711?

Peck if you look at his feedback and view all comments there are some which allow you to view the items purchased off him.

Peck if you look at his feedback and view all comments there are some which allow you to view the items purchased off him.

4 options

All feedback

feedback from buyers

feedback from sellers

feedback left for others.

I would line up his buyers (and tom)

Get a nice 10 lb cod and give their chops a nice slapping.

1351078192' post='75002']
1351075311' post='75000']

4 options

All feedback

feedback from buyers

feedback from sellers

Geez, this numpty again. I wonder if he's actually buying from himself, no One in their right mind World buy at his grade and prices. Still ashamed to say he's from Dundee :( He has a Festival of britain at ONLY £150, fecking bargain if you ask me

Edited by azda

4 options

All feedback

feedback from buyers

feedback from sellers

:lol: before or after pin-boning?