British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

This is my all-time favourite ever eBay laugh! This will cheer up even the most day-jaded soul, hilarious!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221078266257?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 :lol:

Damn, missed it!

This is my all-time favourite ever eBay laugh! This will cheer up even the most day-jaded soul, hilarious!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221078266257?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 :lol:

Damn, missed it!

Oh, no, it's been taken off, so no image! Bugger!

What a shame. It was the first time I'd seen a Chas I coin with the bust facing right, sat on an upside-down crown too. Should have been kept for posterity.

Ding! Dong Ding! A snip at £1,800

:o

So kookaburra is Aussie slang for a gouge? That's odd, I thought it was a native bird :D

So kookaburra is Aussie slang for a gouge? That's odd, I thought it was a native bird :D

4 Negs and 1 Neutral does'nt exactly fill me with confidence either in his short ebay life

4 Negs and 1 Neutral does'nt exactly fill me with confidence either in his short ebay life

They were over a year ago.Since then he has redeemed himself.

ANOTHER BNTA glaring error...A hammered penny listed as a halfgroat AND the complimentary incorrect Spink number! Will reveal the source if he doesn't accept my offer ;)

So kookaburra is Aussie slang for a gouge? That's odd, I thought it was a native bird

I stared at this for ages until I could work out the shape of the bird. Even so that's ridiculous!! :lol:

They were over a year ago.Since then he has redeemed himself.

Maybe so Peter, but obviously he did'nt list anything for a while as they're still visible

So kookaburra is Aussie slang for a gouge? That's odd, I thought it was a native bird

I stared at this for ages until I could work out the shape of the bird. Even so that's ridiculous!! :lol:

I know! It looks more like a dead flamingo than anything, if you close your eyes..

I gave up after about ten seconds... are you sure your imagination wasn't just stopping you wasting more time?!

Having spent all that time working it out that I feel compelled to point out the "bird" to you all! :lol:

But I can also see how it could be a dead flamingo too Peck! :)

post-7102-042802200 1343836615_thumb.jpg

really?! personally, I'd say it was more like a dolphin diving right to left!

Having spent all that time working it out that I feel compelled to point out the "bird" to you all! :lol:

But I can also see how it could be a dead flamingo too Peck! :)

Thanks for that Debbie - NOW I see it!

Wait, wait, that is the virgin Mary in side view. If it was a McDonald's chicken nugget might bring that price after all!

Wait, wait, that is the virgin Mary in side view. If it was a McDonald's chicken nugget might bring that price after all!

Was the virgin Mary weeping?

Glad I wasn't Joseph...a very understanding man :o On Jeremy Kyle tomorrow? :)

Glad I wasn't Joseph...a very understanding man :oOn Jeremy Kyle tomorrow? :)

"We've done a DNA test... Joseph... (audience, please - let me say this, it's very very difficult). Joseph... I'm so sorry..."

Has the coin market gone mad?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1932-Penny-CGS-AU-78-Freeman-207-George-V-AJW-Coins-/221040614885?pt=UK_Coins_BritishMilled_RL&hash=item33770c1de5#ht_1534wt_1037

It is a nice coin and fairly graded by CGS but does getting a common (ish) coin slabbed increase its

value by 400%?

Glad I wasn't Joseph...a very understanding man :oOn Jeremy Kyle tomorrow? :)

"We've done a DNA test... Joseph... (audience, please - let me say this, it's very very difficult). Joseph... I'm so sorry..."

:lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1932-Penny-CGS-AU-78-Freeman-207-George-V-AJW-Coins-/221040614885?pt=UK_Coins_BritishMilled_RL&hash=item33770c1de5#ht_1534wt_1037

It is a nice coin and fairly graded by CGS but does getting a common (ish) coin slabbed increase its

value by 400%?

Spink 2009 rated this at £100. In 2005 it was only £50. My example bought in '99, cost me £30 and I thought that was good value. These are not common in BU, nor the 1934, nor the 1930. £150 seems steep, but hardly 400% steep!

I realise this doesn't mean much, but a 1970 guide rated it at £50, well over the average weekly wage of the day.

Edited by Peckris

value by 400%?

Not if you've knackered it with acetone it doesn't! I've been watching this coin for a while, just to see what happens! I'd say 200% though (of course I do have some...I think it's worth £100 at least! B) ) :blink:

value by 400%?

And he's a member of this very forum